The Post Party Crash  

Posted by cokelady

That's what we are experiencing today. We had a great time with Mom & Dad, a fantastic Regional Convention and a truly terrific Family Camp, followed by lots of fun with our overnight company last night. We managed to look alive and keep on enjoying it all to the fullest until the guests pulled out of the driveway this morning. We walked back into the house, plopped down and thought about all we have to do now to recover from the trip. We quickly decided against doing anything and opted to watch a movie instead! After that we ate some sandwiches and laid down for a nap. Is that a worthless day, or what?! I've been trying to pull myself out of the nap for the past hour or so, but now I have a bit of a headache and a very severe case of the grogs.

In all truthfulness, I didn't really intend to blog about Camp. I had determined that we would put together a full 12 or 16 page Camp paper and I worked on it all throughout the week, carrying the laptop hither and yon, recording all of the happenings and getting pictures and information from all of the teachers about their classes and whatnot. All was going well until the last night of Camp when I LOST IT ALL. Because I'm an IDIOT. I really don't want to talk any more about it. Let's just say I now have zip to work with. My memory is meager at best, so who knows all the things I won't be able to include in the paper now! Anyway, after putting so much time into reporting on Camp I didn't feel like blogging about it, too. Still don't. And I'm not! Not right now anyway. I may feel inspired later on to play catch-up on my writing, but not at this moment. Instead I'll just show you the proof of a truly good time...


This is, of course, the game of Balderdash. If you'll look closely however, you will see the perfectly even distribution of Coke that is splattered about the table and game board. If you have spent any time in the study of splattering, you will recognize this as the evidence of the perfect "Pppfffffftttttt," which is, of course, the technical term for when one takes in a mouthful of soda at the exact moment of an unexpectedly hilarious happening, resulting in the marvellous spray of spit and soda up to a distance of 4' in tiny droplets and even mist form. An art form, for sure. This occurred last night while the Hays were with us and we all laughed until we were struggling for breath and our insides were sore and achy. ~sigh~ There is nothing better in all the world! Ha! THANK YOU FOR COMING, JAMEY! I know you were tired and ready to be home... but just think of all the great new memories we have now! :-)

That's it for now. If I get prepared for Sunday School unexpectedly early, perhaps I'll be back. As Joe would say: "Maybe... maybe not!"

;-)

This entry was posted on 4:54 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

8 comments

Wow! That's a SERIOUS "Pppfffffftttttt"!!! LOL! I'm sure Jamey is thrilled to know you captured the proof on your trusty camera and have now blogged it to the world. :-) But, hey, what are friends for???

Looks like fun. I wish we could have joined you.
The best ppffttt!!!(as you call it) I ever saw was when we were playing the "telephone Game" with my brother Frank and about 10 other ppl, I am thinking Dustin was there it was when I lived in Colo Springs, anyway Frank was taking a drink of coke and whatever he heard in his ear ,made him spray coke all over everyone that was sitting in front of him.
Great memories. :o)

If you'll notice, Mom, I didn't say WHO pulled off the perfect "Ppppffffttt." :-)

Ahhhhh . . . so are you suggesting Jamey was the INSTIGATOR and not the PERPETRATOR of the amazing "Ppppffffttt"?

I'm not suggesting anything. I just said it happened. I didn't say who did it or who caused it, just that it was truly great and all four of us were equally effected with laughter so intense it was painful. :-)

I'm sooo sorry to hear that you lost all your hard work. I know just how aggravating that can be.

"laughter so intense it was painful." Sounds like a GREAT night. And to think you had the brains to capture it on camera. Way to go Becki!

I must confess. Dustin took the pictures. I just snatched the photo card out of their camera and downloaded them onto my computer after they went to bed. Ha!

Becki~

Sorry I didn't get a chance to tell you good-bye at camp. I was trying to make my rounds when Rob told me to hop in the car, we have no time, had to be at city hall before noon! So, it was nice seeing you again and being in camp with all of you. Sorry to hear about the...loss of camp stuff. Bummer. I'll pray for you, for peace and wellness. It always a blast to be with your region. Take care and God bless!