Last Post for a While!  

Posted by cokelady

That is, of course, because Mom & Dad are coming tomorrow. Wa-Hoo!!! The house has been scrubbed top to bottom (well... that's probably a bit of a stretch--but it's as good as it's going to get!), I'm well on my way to being packed for Camp and Convention, and I can't even count the number of times I've been "caught up" on laundry in the past few days. Every time I finish the laundry and iron everything up there seems to be another pile in need of the same. Laundry is such a frustrating chore. You think you're all done, but inevitably your family is wearing clothes at that very moment (at least I hope so!) that are going to need laundered as soon as they take 'em off. I've got "just one last load" in the dryer right now. Again.

The biggest excitement we had today was more snake snatching. I was sitting at my computer and I glanced out the window just as James went running across the porch, hoe in hand. James does not run. Coupled with the fact that he was carrying a long and lethal object I gathered that it must be another snake. I went running outside for to join the excitement and found James at the pond with the long pool net stretched into the pond. He had the "big" snake (18-20" instead of 12") trapped on the bottom of the pond and was screaming for Sam to come help. Pretty soon there were three kids and a dog pondside. Sam yanked his shoes and socks off and I lowered him into the pond, he grabbed the snake by its head and I pulled him out of the pond. Our hero! Again! Sam dropped the snake once out of the pond, but I was able to step on it and hold it steady for James before it disappeared under a rock. It occurred to me after a few moments that I was standing on a snake--something that would generally give me the willies and make me jump and (I'm ashamed to admit) probably scream--but it didn't bother me this time. We were in a family effort to catch the big, bad snake and the adrenaline was pumpin'! James killed this one 'cause he was good and mad at it. This snake was a little bigger than the others and when James first saw it the snake was chasing one of the fish that James just added to the pond yesterday. The snake almost nabbed it by the tail. That's when James decided the snake would DIE and went running for the hoe! Ha!

That's about all the news from here. Like I said, Mom & Dad will be coming tomorrow and we'll have a nice, relaxing day. Convention starts on Friday and we'll all be moving into the Howard Johnson to help out with the room quota. (If we have enough rooms rented we get the Convention Center for free.) We are looking forward to a WONDERFUL Convention and expect some visitors from several different locations. Please pray for God to have his way! Convention ends on Sunday, then Monday morning we'll do the grocery shopping for Camp (which will be soooooo much easier, thanks to Cathy and her excellent prep work!) and head to Mountainaire for a fantastic week of Family Camp! Wa-Hoo! I'll try to post lots of pictures when we get home. Chances are you won't be hearing from me before then. After all, I'll be with PEOPLE! :-)

In closing, I'll post some pictures of the master bathroom. It's the first room we did, but somehow I never posted pictures of it! So here they are...

Before...

After!

Before...
After!
Before...
After!
Before
After!
(This is the best picture of the great light Brother Dustin installed for me above my cabinet)
Before...
After!
And one last shot...
Oh, wait! Check out the cool faucet! :-)

Okay, that's it! Please keep our Camp and Convention in your prayers and all those who will be traveling. Thanks!

~Rebekah~

This entry was posted on 10:42 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

10 comments

COOL bathroom! You are so talented.

Now, I have a question to ask.....(don't misunderstand me...because I have a deep aversion to snakes...)

If you don't know if the snake is poisonous or not...

And you don't believe in going to the emergency room to get anti-snake venom....

Why in the world are you tempting God by letting your kid grab a snake with his BARE HANDS!!!!!

I also got a funny picture in my head of your neighbors watching ya'll walk down the street holding a snake and thinking you must be one of those "snake handling" people :) Ha!

The bathroom is absolutely gorgeous, right out of a magazine. Good job. Have a great convention and camp.

Anonymous  

Enjoy your camp and convention in the Lord! (And I'm with Sister Tammy Washburn on the snake handling...) :o) lol No seriously, like I said in one of my previous comments, I will take ticks any day, thank you.

*trying hard to picture JAMES running* *grin* Protecting one's things does something to a person. (I have similar feelings about garden and a certain rabbit! ) Sam, what a little man! Kudos to you Becki for standing on a SNAKE without screaming. What a woman! ;-)

WOW, your bathroom looks AMAZING! How do you guys do that? Transform a bathroom to something picture perfect? I like the moose!

We'll be praying for your camp and convention.

That bathroom is FABULOUS! The only problem is, when you're a guest here in this house (as I now am) it's hard to go to the other un-remodeled bathroom when there's a REALLY GREAT one on the other side of the living room, off the master bedroom. But one day these talented kids will have transformed the now not-so-hot bathroom into something great. This house is fixing up SOOOOO neat! It's got a great feel!

If it makes you feel any better, Sister Tammy, I did some research today and have determined that what we have are Blacknecked Garter Snakes. Perfectly harmless, although they might try to strike... and they will leave your hands smelling terrible if you touch them. :-)

And thanks, everyone--we LOVE the bathroom, too. ;-)

Ha! But research BEFORE touching them would be better ;) :)
But my opinion is....they should still die, die, die!

You have really done a great job on the bathroom :)

The house is really taking on a different look. Take a look at the comment i put on the snake post!