YES!!!!  

Posted by cokelady

I did it! I did it! I did it! Nooooo, I'm not excited because I'm finally blogging. (Although that's great, too!) I got my lesson all put together for Minister's Retreat and I am soooooo excited! It's almost 2:30 in the morning right now, but I'm still a day ahead of usual since we don't leave until Thursday. Nothing ever seems to come together for me until the wee hours of the morning the night before we leave--this time I have a whole extra day! Which is a good thing because Tammy and Sister Marcia are coming over tomorrow so we can whip up 6 pans of cinnamon rolls and some breakfast burritos for our church's meal at Retreat. Then at 6:00 tomorrow night the realtor will be bringing somebody to look at the house. Wa-Hoo! I hope it's a WOMAN. :-)

Back to my class... I'm sooooo excited about this one! This is a subject that I've done sooooo much thinking and praying about, even before I knew anything about teaching it. It's just so on my heart, you know? And I've been sooooo blessed by digging into it a little bit. The Word of God is so good and powerful and wise. And I love the STATUTES that He's given to His Church in the form of "Advice." Those things that give us practical direction on how to fulfill the law of His Word. It's sooooo comforting to know that He loves us enough to give us some specifics so we don't have to grope around in the darkness trying to figure out where the line is. I pray that the ladies will really be blessed by our time together. I was thinking about who will be in this class and got to feeling rather silly about teaching this particular subject. I mean, how would YOU like to try to teach Mary VanDeventer about dressing properly?! Ha! But since these ladies will be at Minister's Retreat, that means they are either ministers themselves or they are married to ministers. Either way, they have great influence (probably more than they know) on others--daughters, granddaughters, and other girls in the Church. Maybe we can all go home with a renewed vision for holiness in our clothing choices--and pass it along to others! :-)

And get this... I put together a whole bunch of pictures, graphics, and scriptures to show in a Power Point presentation while I teach. Ha! It's sooooo great! I think I've got 40 different images. It took a lot longer to prepare because of that (it's my first time!), but I think it will be soooooo worth it! It will be sooooo helpful to have the visuals there while we're discussing the lesson. I think I'm hooked. I don't know if I'll ever be able to teach without a computer again! Ha!

Hhmmm. I know there's more to tell, but at 2:30 in the morning you just can't expect a body remember a whole lot. I really wanted to just spread the joyous news that I'm ready and excited about my class. Pray for God to continue to help me. I need His direction and anointing. I hope He doesn't pull a fast one on me and change my class at the last minute. Ha!

Okay, I'm off to bed. That creepy little Sam of mine will be up bright and early and I'm going to be regretting the lack of sleep! Later!


~Becki~

This entry was posted on 1:25 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

FINALLY a new post! Yippee!! You did good. Or, actually, you did BAD by staying up so late, but in any case I'm glad to see a new post. Congratulations on your PowerPoint accomplishment. I know it's silly to mention it, but I know how you sometimes have complete brain break-downs so I'll go ahead--I'm sure you created your presentation on your regular computer, so don't forget to burn a CD or save it on a jump stick and TEST it on the laptop to make sure it's working properly before you leave home. It would be a shame for you to have gone to all that work then arrive at the campground only to realize you didn't have the program on the laptop. TEST it on the laptop just to be certain. (Have you already done so? If so, forgive me.)

I want a copy of your lesson after you teach it!

I would like to have a copy also if you don't mind.

me three.uhhh. i mean four