Merry Marketplace Prep  

Posted by cokelady

That's what today was all about. Merry Marketplace is a show they have down in the colosseum in Odessa. Vendors come from hundreds of miles around to set up booths there. Sue always has a double booth there for Willow Creek and it's AMAZING how much business you can do in just a few short days! Of course, she has the best looking booth in the building, so that helps. :-)

I left the house just before 8:00 this morning, stopped by Sue's store to pick up some merchandise to take down to Odessa, then followed Tammy on into town where she left her car at the dealership to be worked on. The two of us made it to the colosseum at 9:00, right on schedule. It was a full day of hauling in display pieces and merchandise, stringing garlands and Christmas lights, decorating trees, stacking snowen, piling up wooden block signs... You name it. Sue and Stacey and Tammy and I worked fast and furious all day long and you wouldn't believe how much still remains to be done! Ha! We are off to a real good start though and they've got until 2:00 tomorrow to get it all finished. I won't be going to help tomorrow, but I'll be working the booth all day on Friday. Wa-Hoo!!! That's one of my favorite days of the whole year--the day I get to work Merry Marketplace. It's just sooooo much fun! And I must admit... toying around with all of the Christmas stuff today sucked me into the Christmas spirit a little more than I usually allow myself this early in the year. I even caught myself humming Jingle Bells while driving back to Andrews tonight. For shame!!! (And DON'T TELL JAMES!!! Ha!)

I got home at about 6:00 tonight, just as James and the kids were getting home from Dairy Queen. They'd been to Pizza Hut for lunch. Hey, that's what days with Dad are all about, right?! He'd also taken them to the park and done school with them and watched King George and the Ducky with them--all sorts of great stuff. They all jabbered incessantly for the first hour I was home, telling me all about it. Sounds like they all had a GREAT day! I'm so glad. I hope they have another great Dad Day while I'm working MM on Friday! AND...

James said there was another showing today! Whoa!!! This is the third time the house has been shown in the past 4 or 5 days, I think. That's fantastic! Even if it doesn't sell, at least somebody is LOOKING at it! And James said the lady who looked at it today was here for quite a while. (He and the kids had cleared out, but they kept driving past the house to see if she was still around!) 20 minutes or more, I think he said. That's a good thing! I know that when WE look through a house that we would seriously consider, we stay there for a long, long time, walking through it over and over again, checking EVERYTHING out and thinking and planning and contemplating the possibilities and adding up the costs of what we would want to change, and, and, and... :-) So it's a GOOD SIGN for somebody to not be here and gone in 5 minutes like so many of the other lookers we've had. James said even after the realtor left, the lady sat out front in her car looking at the house and studying the flyer for another 10 minutes or so. :-) Makes me happy. I've just been praying for God to work it all out in His time. He knows best and it feels good to trust that. I start feeling the anxiety again every now and then, but God is so good to calm my nerves and help me to rest in Him again. That's what I want to do.

Speaking of resting in Him, I think I'm going to go work on my Ladies' Retreat lesson a little bit before bed. Please say a prayer for me! I've been totally unable to find any direction for this class and I need God to help me and guide me into what He wants for us there. I'm trying to rest in Him for this class, too! ;-) G'night, all!

~Rebekah~
Oh! Oh! Oh! And it looks like The Blog Lady has got my new template up and going! Wa-Hoo!!! THANK YOU, JENNA!!!! You're the bestest!!! :-) I appreciate it sooooo much! What a nice change this is... ~sigh~ Just feels nice and restful, doesn't it?! I love it. ;-)

This entry was posted on 9:46 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

15 comments

Ah, I love fall. May I take a walk down that road? Another great background Jenna.

So your mom talked about how many times your dad preached in one weekend when they were in Minnesota, how many times did James preach?

Ah, I love fall. May I take a walk down that road? Another great background Jenna.

So your mom talked about how many times your dad preached in one weekend when they were in Minnesota, how many times did James preach?

Ah, I love fall. May I take a walk down that road? Another great background Jenna.

So your mom talked about how many times your dad preached in one weekend when they were in Minnesota, how many times did James preach?

Gorgeous template. Have fun working the MM.

*looks like Sister Jada had a blog-stuttering problem!*
Love the new template. It reminds me of Grandmother. She loved the fall so much, and she always was partial to these colors.
You're doing really well with the blogging thing! Congrats!

Need a refill of fry sauce? I head to idaho in a month and a half!

Beautiful template Jenna I love it. Becki I hope you all do very well at your merry marketplace.

I LOVE the real leaf quilt background! I am excited because I wanted to ask Jenna if she could fix her layouts in the future so that when you are on the individual web page for each individual post, you can see and post comments, as I am subscribed to RSS feed for a lot of blogs and it takes me to the page for a new post, but then I have to go to the main blog page to be able to see comments and comment myself. So.... sorry if that made no sense, but thanks to Jenna for making my life a little bit easier!

Hope all goes well at the Ladies' Retreat! Wish I was going.

Oh, and did you see my comment on your "Who Am I?" post? I hate to see a good comment like that go to waste. I got to call the General Overseer's daughter an opium dealer and everything! LOL!!

Sister Nowling, James preached twice on Sunday, then moderated the service in Salida.

Sister Nowling, James preached twice on Sunday, then moderated the service in Salida.

Sister Nowling, James preached twice on Sunday, then moderated the service in Salida.

;-) I couldn't resist.

Sister Tammi, how could you NOT have fun working Merry Marketplace?! :-)

Mom, you're right--Grandmother loved these colors. And wore them often! She had such good taste.

Kasey, I don't need a refill yet. I treat my fry sauce as a precious treasure and use it very sparingly, only on special occassions. Of course, if I knew I'd have the opportunity to get some more in a month or two, I might just start sloppin' it on everything I eat between now and then! ;-)

Sister Pam, you're right--Jenna did great! As always.

Rachel, you're right, too. I have NO IDEA what your first paragraph was all about. But I can tell you're happy about something that happened when this new template came up, so... Cool! I'm happy you're happy! :-)

I wish you were coming to Ladies' Retreat, too. Why don't you?! You've still got a week and a day to make all the arrangements! Seriously, you would LOVE coming out here for something like that. And we'd LOVE the opportunity to get to know you better.

--Even though you have the nerve to make absurd accusations and sling them at me through cyberspace! Who knew?! And that's JUST what needs to be splattered all over the Internet next--the G.O.'s kid is an opium dealer! Ha! You're sooooooo bad!!!

Well technically it was my husband... though I WAS highly amused. Whenever poppy seed bread is mentioned I just can't resist giving folks a hard time. :-)

If God wants me there this year He will work a miracle, but until then, I'll just pray that y'all have a good time. He made a way for me to go to the Arkansas Ladies' retreat and I'm thankful for that! Maybe next year. :-)

What a great fall background!

Days with Dad are the best. :)

Hope you are having a great time at the MM today.

well...start slatherin sister.

Your new template is so pretty! Makes me smile when it comes up!

Hope you had a great time at Merry Marketplace today.

Love your new template. It's so Autumny.... I love Fall!

Yay I'm so glad ya'll like it :-D

Now do we wait until the West has winter before a winter/Christmas template or wait until Alaska has winter... lol just kidding really

It makes me so happy that you like it and that everyone enjoys your blog

Jenna