A MIRACLE!!!  

Posted by cokelady

In my very own kitchen!!! Tomorrow is the bake sale. That means that Tammy and I were supposed to get to work by 9:00 this morning and we should be working non-stop until 1:00 or 2:00 tomorrow morning. But instead we didn't get started until after 11:00 this morning. And we were done--clean up included--by 10:00 tonight!!! That means our usual 16 hour long pre-Bake Sale day was transformed into a very happy 9 hour day instead! WOW! I'm sure God must have been helping quite a bit because this is just amazing. We made the same amount of food as always, we just managed to do it in half the time. We have had 4 or 5 (or 6?) Bake Sales together and I think we're just now starting to get the hang of it. Just before I up and move to Albuquerque! Ha! We have learned to plan better and even pull of the execution in record time. It makes me so happy!

So for the sale tomorrow we have: 2 batches of Popcorn Balls (about 35), 5 batches of Rice Krispy Treats (too many to count), 4 batches of Chocolate Chip Cookies, 2 batches of Peanut Butter White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies (say that three times fast!), 2 Pumpkin Rolls, 2 Pumpkin Pies, 7 large loaves of Banana/Banana Nut Bread, 1 large loaf of Poppyseed Bread and 8 small ones, and 1 batch of Scotcheroo's. Wa-Hoo! Aunt Sue made 10 pans of fudge (chocolate, peanut butter chocolate, and just plain peanut butter) and Sister Virginia said she'd make some cupcakes. So we're all set! Everything is all prettied up with the great fall ribbon I picked up at Hobby Lobby the other day, so all there is to do is throw it all in the van along with a table, a couple of chairs, a fall tablecloth and a couple of scarecrows to decorate the table with. :-)

Tammy and I are getting better at this Bake Sale thing, but we're also getting older. We've both so achy tonight! She went hobbling out to her car a little while ago with one hand on her lower back and the other on rubbing her knee, moaning and groaning the whole way. Okay, so that's a slight exaggeration. But both of us were readjusting ourselves in our chairs quite a bit while we were tying ribbons on everything toward the end! In fact, I think I'm going to go soak in a hot bath. Ha! Imagine that! After Pre-Bake Sale day I have enough time to consider taking a bath before bed! How great is that?! ~sigh~ I'm so happy. :-)

Pray for good success for the sake of Missions tomorrow!

~Becki the Baker~

This entry was posted on 9:30 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

8 comments

Dear Becki the Baker, I'm so proud of you guys! I'd LOVE to try some of those PBWCMN cookies! They sound YUMMY! That's a whole lot of good stuff to put in one cookie. MMmmmmm. I'm anxious to hear how things went. And I'm hoping you took pictures. You guys' bake sales are an example to the entire Church of God of how a successful bake sale looks!

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! If I was there, I'd take one of each!!!!

Bet you guys are really tired.

Anonymous  

Wow, you guys are great. mmmmmm, you make me hungry.
I pictured Tammi walking to her car moaning and groaning, too funny!
I am looking foward to know how it all turned out.
Tayde

So...how did the bake sale go? We are all waiting patiently *drumming fingers* well...maybe not so patiently to hear the grand results. ~grin~

I agree with everyone else...Becki do tell, how'd you do? How many dollars did your aches and pains bring in? We want to know, we want to know...did I say we want to know ~ smile.

You have become a PATHETIC blogger, Bec. Shame, shame, shame.

shew, thats a lot of food!!