3 Days in a Row!!!  

Posted by cokelady

Where's my ribbon??? I can't even remember the last time I blogged 3 days in a row. I'm doin' the work! I'm not a slacker!!! ;-)

Ever heard of Murphy's Law? We saw it in affect here at our house today. James I were talking just yesterday about not having house showings in the past week or so. I told him it's because I've been keeping things too clean. "If we trash the house, they'll want to come look at it--wait and see." I didn't really intend to trash the house for the sake of tricking buyers through the front door (you know, if you want it to rain go wash your car--that kind of thing), but somehow it happened. This morning I was struck by one of those urges to root through and clean things out. It happened to strike in the toy room where the train set has been creeping out from under the bed a little more each day. I really only intended to deal with the train set, but once we got started we ended up digging everything out from under the bed and emptying and sorting through the dresser and the toy bins and the shelves... We were half buried in the mountain of toys, trains, and notebooks when the phone rang. I chuckled to myself and thought, "Surely not..." HA! It really and truly was the realtor--hadn't heard from her in over a week!--asking if they could show the house in about 45 minutes. I couldn't help but chortle. It wasn't just the toy room--somehow the whole house had fallen apart. I hadn't made any of the beds yet, the boys' room was trashed, Katie had clothes out, all of the ironing mess was still scattered all over the den, there were dishes in the sink...

The next 45 minutes looked just like one of those shows on HGTV where they show everybody zipping around in fast motion, emptying a room out or painting or something. We even had strained, high-pitched chipmunk voices to match. "Didyoushovethetrainbackunderthebed??? GoodnowtakecareofallthosedippyLightBrightpegsalloverthefloor. Where'sthebroom???" It was a little nuts. We had about 20 minutes left when James said, "It's not going to happen. There's no way we're going to get it all done." I started to argue with him and nag about his continuous pessimistic spirit, but I paused long enough to realize that he was right. So I began praying. "God, he's right. There's no way we can get this all done. Could You please either turn us into super-human speed cleaners, or slow down time, or something???" And wouldn't you know it--He did! We managed to get every bit of it done just in the nick of time. We ran full speed every second and were a little sweaty and a whole lot out of breath, but just as we finished everything up and headed out the door the realtor pulled up! WOW!

The realtor called back later on to tell us that the people who looked at the house really liked it. In fact, they looked at several houses today, but ours was their favorite. That's great! Don't know if it means anything or not, but it's exciting to hear! :-) We're still just praying for God to send the right people at the right time with the right offer. I feel pretty relaxed about the whole thing. Now that the house is clean again. ;-)

Actually, we didn't have time to vacuum or mop the floors before the showing today (we just ran around and picked up the big pieces of junk and threw them away!), so I took care of that tonight. We'll be leaving in the morning for 3 days and James told the realtor to feel free to show the house while we're gone, so we want it looking as good as possible!

That's about all the excitement around here for today. We'll be leaving as soon as we can get everything ready in the morning. The kids and I are packed, just need to load up. James will pack in the morning. Then we'll do some last minute cleaning and we'll be off! I don't know if I'll have a chance to blog this weekend or not, so I expect you all to be kind and forgiving if you don't hear from me for a few days. Besides, after three days in a row I've earned a few days off, right?! :-)

Have a great weekend!!!

~Bec~

This entry was posted on 10:34 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

Boy, was I surprised to stop by and see you had a new post! I'm impressed!
So glad to hear the realtor gave a favorable report about your showing. We'll just keep praying. God's will--God's time.

Sis Bec,

Could you email me your cinnamon roll receipe, I would like to fix it for the holidays...Thanks.

Sis Vic

vicky4659@cox.net

yeah, could you forward that recipe to me too?! love and hugs, sister me

LOL! Isn't that the way it happens though? I had to laugh as I pictured you ll running around the house etc

It is always great to hear that people liked you house whether they buy it or not.