Tis' a Grand & Glorious Thing  

Posted by cokelady

...to be sitting in a perfectly clean, quiet, delicious smelling home. ~Aaaaahhhhh~ Yup, James and the kids are gone. :-) Tammy & Sister Marcia spent most of the day here so we could all cook (40 breakfast burritos and 8 PANS of cinnamon rolls--for 20 adults and 5 kids!!! I think we got a little carried away! Ha!), then they left and I crashed for about 20 minutes. That 3:00am night last night was hitting me hard! I forced myself to get up and get clickin' again because we had a house showing at 6:00. So we spent an hour or two in high gear, mopping and vacuuming and having the kids put toys away and such. Then James took the kids over to Tammy's house so they wouldn't follow the realtor and lookers around the house (like I do--ha!) and he headed some place himself. That left just me and Hershey Dog. All alone!!! WOW!!! That never happens! It's FANTASTIC!!! (Only on occasion--please don't think that I take my family for granted! I love them all dearly and am SO THANKFUL for the life God has given to me. But it's so nice to have some alone time every now and again!)
So the showing was at 6:00. It's now 6:08 and it's all over with. Crazy how you can knock yourself out for hours over an event that's over in just a few short minutes. It was the realtor and one lady looker. And I say looker because that's exactly what she is. As opposed to a buyer. The lady liked the house, but you can tell that she's not serious about buying anything right now. Has to sell her house first and all that jazz. And the only reason she's even considering moving at all is because she has "big furniture." Weird. Wouldn't it be cheaper and less hassle to replace the furniture instead of the house?! People are strange. Anyway... I've been praying for God to bring the buyer for this house. This lady wasn't it! Ha! That's okay. It forced me into high gear cleaning mode, so now I can spend the rest of the evening in a perfectly clean and great smelling house! With my lesson all prepared for Minister's Retreat, I hardly have anything else to do. Wow!!! It feels terrific!!! Now what do I do with myself?!
Speaking of my lesson... I was amazed at the interest generated by a lesson that I have yet to teach. I could flatter myself that I'm just such a phenominal teacher that everybody wants my notes because no matter what I teach it's bound to be terrific. I could do that... but I've been to some of my classes and I know that's not the case! Ha! So the only other reason I can come up with is that our people are genuinely interested in this subject of "appropriate dress." That is sooooo exciting! I'm so thrilled to know that so many people--particularly young people--are wanting to invest their time and interest in this topic. I must be honest and tell you that I can't possibly send my lesson out "as is." It will need some serious tweeking before I can make it available to the masses. (Ha!) It was prepared for a particular group of ladies, most of whom are older and don't personally have any struggle in this area. It's directed toward trying to help them encourage our young people in this area of modest apparel. I would love the opportunity to address this subject with younger girls who are currently facing decisions along these lines. Oh, that we would all continue to walk (progress) in this path of holiness--in ways that truly affect (or is that effect?!) our lives. Perfecting holiness in the fear of God means that we're not there yet, therefore we must change and change again and change some more (ha! change... your clothes!) until we finally get it "perfect." What an exciting journey! "He leadeth me--oh, blessed thought!"
Okay, I'm rambling. Besides that, my alone time is all gone. It was nice while it lasted! Ha! James and the kids are home, the ham and beans are on the stove, the cornbread is in the oven, the boys are in the bathtub, Katie is on the floor tracing her foot, the dog is on the couch barking that the neighbors' pesky cat... All is well with the world. But it's time to go scrub up those smelly boys of mine. They were GROSS.
I will try to rework some of my lesson info and develop something out of it that can be sent abroad. Only time will tell what it will be like when it's all said and done! Ha! Take care and have a great night!
Oh--and if you don't hear from me before, I think I'll be back home on Monday night. We'll be at Minister's Retreat from Thursday through Saturday, then we (and the VanDeventers) are staying in a motel in Moriarty, NM Saturday night and driving up for service in Albuquerque Sunday morning. Brother V is going to do his ABM boost there. How exciting! We couldn't find motel rooms in Albuquerque because this weekend is the great big hot air balloon festival and everything is booked. The kids are going to LOVE seeing all of the balloons on Sunday! Fun! Anyway, we'll be driving down to Hatch to be in service with them on Sunday night, then we'll probably get a room in Las Cruces and come home on Monday. I think I heard that we're going to take Tammy to Johnny Carino's for her birthday dinner that night since we'll be gone on her real birthday (Sunday). I think that's a terrific idea. I'm going to have three cherry cream italian sodas for Tammy's birthday! :-) Rambling again--gotta check on the cornbread and the boys to see if any of them are done yet. Later!
~Bec~

This entry was posted on 5:09 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

6 comments

The Hot Air Balloon Fiesta!!! How NEAT!!! You should be able to see a BUNCH of them on your way to church Sunday morning. They'll begin their mass balloon launch at about 7:15 Sunday morning. They launch in two different shifts, so the second assension will be sometime around 8:00. If you guys could be even on the east end of town by then--like plan to leave your motel early and go eat at a restaurant in Albuquerque--it definitely would be worth it. But . . . what am I thinking? You're getting ready to MOVE there so you'll be there every year during Fiesta! One of the fond memories I have of living in Albuquerque was that we would see balloons in the air almost every Sunday morning on our way to church. Do you remember that? Hmmm. I just realized that that was 28 years ago and I'm sure the fields where they used to launch from are probably all built up in housing developments or shopping centers, so I have no idea where the balloons will be launching from. It doesn't matter, really. They'll float towards the mountains, no matter where they're launched from. Oh, I wish I could be there to see it! It's SOOOO NEAT!
(Sorry about the dud house-lookie-loo.)

Have lots of fun. I know that my clothing tastes have changed the older I have gotten. I thank the Lord He has helped me in this area. I hope you eat two cinnamon rolls for me. If you get a chance could you email me the recipe? I lost it. Or maybe i can get it from Wendy. hmmm.. mrsbroyles@comcast.net

grrr...sorry i was under mommas name, this is kasey

I'm one of those "older" ladies that needs to be able to encourage the younger ones, so I would really like a copy please. We'll be praying for the retreat. Please give Tammy a birthday hug for me.

I'm a "younger" lady who has just recently accepted the conviction of dressing as a Christ-like woman should, and share the burden to spread the message to other younger ladies as well. God bless you for your obedience to Him, it is a message we all need. Will be praying for you during the convention. :o)

What's "alone"? 'Splain this to me. I haven't been alone for more than 5 minutes, in my house, in a very, VERY long time. Feel envied. (Did I spell that right? Don't matter, why start spelling things right when I'm on such a roll :) ) Anyway, call me sometime. I never know when you are home, and well I'm always home. I'm up until at least 11:00 everynight, so call when ever you can!! Love ya!