Company...3 Times!!!  

Posted by cokelady

That's right! We've had company over the last 3 nights in a row!!! WHOA!!! Anybody who knows James at all is surely shocked. I know I am! He's not the most sociable person in the world, you know?! He enjoys people when he's with them... he'd just rather not be! Ha! He prefers to just be here at home, with just us. Sometimes it's like pulling teeth to talk him into having people over. Once they GET here he usually has a great time visiting with them, but getting the initial "okay" from him is almost always a chore. So I don't know how on earth I managed three days in a row! It must be because we're moving and he knows I'll be desperately lonely for friends in Albuquerque. I'll take it however I can get it! Ha!

We had nursing home service on Wednesday night. Joe just got some new cowboy boots (his old ones were sooooooo worn out--he was only allowed to play in the back yard with them, not wear them in public!) so we let him and Sam go in all of their cowboy garb. They take their guitars to play while we sing there and the old folks just love it. We had a good service and everything seemed to go without a hitch this time, which is quite rare anymore. After Brother Sam dismissed us in prayer I looked over and noticed that Joe was wearing not only his cowboy shirt, jeans, boots, and hat, but also a big bushy mustache! (It came in a pirate set of Sam's, but the handlebar look definitely goes cowboy, too!) HA! James would have died if he would have known, but I'm kind of glad we were oblivious to it. I'm sure the folks all enjoyed it greatly!

We had eaten a big lunch that day and weren't at all hungry at dinner time, so I made a casserole and just set it aside until after service. Then Sam & Tammy came over to eat with us! We had a nice (howbeit late!) dinner, then put the kids to bed and played some games. James even played with us. Who Want to Be a Millionaire. TAMMY WON!!! Whoa!!! Then James left (just couldn't take losing to Tammy, I guess! Ha!) and the rest of us played our usual Rummy game. I won that one.

Thursday was a good day around here I guess. I'm assuming it was good since I can't recall anything bad about it. I really don't remember anything at all up until the phone call at 5:00 from our realtor asking if she could show the house at 7:00. I had lost all hope that she was ever going to show it to anybody, so I'd been letting things slip a little bit the past few days. So we spent the next hour and a half vacuuming and putting junk away and all that. We left for church and never heard anything about the showing. No matter. It's in God's hands, where it belongs. :-) We had a good CPMA service, although I missed a bit of it. Joe went to the bathroom at some point and then came RUNNING back into the sanctuary and sat down next to me very quickly. He was sporting his great big scared eyes. A bug. A bi-i-i-i-i-i-ig bug. In the bathroom. I asked if he had the presence of mind to flush before he came darting back into church. Nope. ~sigh~ I figured I should go take care of that before I forgot about it, so out I went. Two little boys followed me, naturally. He was right--it was a bi-i-i-i-i-ig bug. A nasty roach, to be exact. Sam was very excited and it was everything I could do to keep him from picking the thing up and taking it back into the sanctuary to show everybody. Sick-o. Anyway, we took care of the flushing and the bug and had a little talk with Joe about men and their duty to the rest of the world concerning bugs. Running to mom is NOT the thing to do when threatened by a nasty little creepy-crawly. Squashing it and doing away with the remains is the job of the men in the world. I told Joe it's time he start pulling his weight around here. We'll see.

Sam & Tammy came over after service and the three of us played Rummy again. Tammy was in the lead throughout the duration of the game, with Sam hot on her tail. I was way behind but came from the back of the pack to snatch the win away in the very last round! HA! It was great. Mostly because I beat Sam again. Such a sweet, sweet thing. Tammy and I can win and lose to each other and still have fun. Sam never has learned to lose gracefully and I consider it my lot in life to help him learn. ;-)

Today James decided to take us to Main Street Deli for lunch. The kids like it for some reason. It's pitiful, I think. No matter--we had a good time. It's just a couple doors down from Aunt Sue's store, so we walked over to say hello, then remembered we had a couple of wedding gifts to purchase. Perfect! So we did some shopping--I got some wedding gifts I hope will be enjoyed (it's really tough to get gifts when you know the guy but NOT the girl--I mean, it's a lot more important what the GIRL likes, you know?!) and also a little something to send to a friend. :-) Makes me happy.

While we were there the UPS guy came and dumped off tons of freight that Aunt Sue wasn't expecting. Wa-Hoo! I sent the kids home with James and I stayed to help out for a while. It was so much fun!!! Even though we were working with a bunch of dopey, trendy purses instead of the usual cute stuff she carries at the store. (These purses are terrible, but they're $50 apiece and these crazy ladies in town buy 'em up like hotcakes!!! People are soooo dumb!!!) It was great to have a chance to work for a few hours, anyway--even paid off some of the stuff I bought there today! Ha! It made me really, really, really sad to think about moving. In fact, today was the first time I've really had a hard time with the idea. I'm still excited about Albuquerque, but it really will be hard to move away from Aunt Sue and Stacey and Sam & Tammy... And I will really miss the store, too! What will I do when I need a fast gift?! Ha!

Aunt Sue & Uncle Jerry came over for dinner tonight (that makes it 3 nights in a row!) and we had bar-b-que sandwiches. They were great!!! Seems like we don't spend as much time with them as we used to and I want to get as much visiting in as I can before we move, so I figured we should start cramming it all in now! We had a nice visit tonight, James got Aunt Sue set up on some computer stuff, and Uncle Jerry helped Joe work on his form while swinging a baseball bat. It was a nice night.

After thy left James and I sat down and watched a movie. It had been a while since we'd done that, so it was fun. Now it's 1:00 in the morning and here I sit, blogging. Dumb. D-U-M, dumb. It's all over though. I'm calling it quits.

We leave for Alamogordo, New Mexico tomorrow. It's a 4 or 5 hours drive, I think. We'll get a room for the night, then join the folks there for church Sunday morning. We'll be home that night. Ah, yes! The realtor is planning an Open House here on Sunday! Wa-Hoo! Maybe people will actually COME! That would be terrific!!! I'm really not in any hurry to sell or not sell... I just hate being in limbo. And having to keep the house "show" worthy all the time is a nightmare. You can't really LIVE like this, you know?! It's nuts. Anyway, I'm outta here!!!

~Rebekah~

This entry was posted on 11:37 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

I'm just like your husband. My husband could have someone over every night, every week, all the time. I will say yes, probably...once a year :) My house is my sanctuary, a place to get AWAY from other people....I'm a hermit!!! So inviting them TO my home is very difficult. I see people all day long for goodness sakes!!! Why do I want to bring them home with me!!!?!!! haahahhahhahaha. I'm working on this problem of mine though. I'm trying to get better.

Hi Sis. Rebekah! I ran across you in blogland and I was so happy. I just started doing this a few weeks ago. The two of us use to talk periodically....and I miss that. Hope to hear from you soon.