Look, Mom!!!  

Posted by cokelady

Two days in a row!!! Whatdya' know about that?! I'm trying hard to be a good blogger. Maybe when I grow up. Sam always has grand ambitions for when he grows up. "When I grow up, I'm going to be a cowboy and shoot bad guys." That's one of his more reasonable goals. He also says things like, "When I grow up, I'm going to be a mouse and scare Sister Tammy!" Today he informed me that when he grows up he's going to be a fly and spread germs. I told him he does a good enough job of that as it is. Goofy kid.

Okay. Well, I'm here. Blogging. That's what counts, right? Even if I have nothing to say??? I'm so blank. What did I do today... ? Hhmmm. Laundry. Did the laundry. Actually, I'm still doing the laundry. Our dryer has become very tempermental. Sometimes it's in the mood to work, sometimes not. So the clothes just tumble around in there for hours on end. They'd dry faster on the line in the backyard. If only my husband would have allowed me to put a line in the backyard! Ha! Oh well. I was able to get all of the laundry and ironing done tonight, except for the one wet load that is still tumbling around in the moody dryer. I'll get to that one in the morning, I guess.

I actually watched the World Series tonight, Em! Ha! I had grabbed a video to put in while I was ironing, but when I turned the TV on, there were the Rockies. So I figured I should at least give it a chance. Baseball has always been too slow-moving for me, but it's actually just about perfect for when you're ironing. I was actually starting to enjoy things and get my hopes up until that dork strayed too far from the base and got picked off. He probably won't be sleeping very well tonight.

Tomorrow I need to call the Ladies' Retreat campground and confirm how many will be attending. It's two weeks away still, but they need to start planning meals now. (I wish I knew how to plan that far in advance! Ha!) That's the most important thing on my agenda. And packing. We'll be driving to Colorado on Saturday, then James will preach at the Colorado Springs church on Sunday, then the Pueblo church, then we'll drive over to Salida for their 40th Anniversary service. --Don't ask. I'm still not sure how we're going to pull it all off! Three church visits in one day. Wowzers. Then we'll be driving home on Monday. Next week I'll be helping out with Merry Marketplace, the show in Odessa that Sue sets a booth up at. I'll be working on Wednesday and Friday, so that'll be fun.

Wow, what a boring post. Isn't it better to just wait until I have something to say?! I'd rather read no post at all than a dreadfully boring one. I'm even bored writing it! So, I quit. I'm going to try real hard to be in bed by midnight. Wish me luck!

Recovering Blogger, Stage 1,
~Rebekah "I-Used-To-Blog" Horne~

This entry was posted on 10:31 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

Boring is better than nothing. Besides, just reading about Sam's high ambitions is worth the whole blog! :D
I watched the Rockies until the 5th inning. They play way too late to stay up here in eastern time.

Oooh! I'm tempted to drive up just to go to the Merry marketplace. Sister Tammi and Sara was telling me a little about it when I was up there last. Seems right up my alley. I could go crazy at one of those places probably a good thing I can't make it. I'll be praying for your wirlwind trip to Colorado.

I was going to just e-mail this to you, but am too lazy to switch accounts! Bad, bad, I know...

Thanks for your comments. Always nice to hear from you. ;-)

Putting contacts in is that bad. *grin* It's all about mind over matter. I got the contacts but don't think that I'm going to be able to wear those things anymore. I quit wearing them 7 yrs ago because they started to bother my eyes. I thought that I would try them again because they are SO NICE to have, but alas! I think that my eyes have revolted and will never let me wear them again. (my eyes are still try to feel "normal" after a few hrs of one day wear.) :( But at least I wore them long enough to find some glasses that will work out ok. :)

Glad that you enjoyed those pictures of our hayride day. It was a VERY fun day!