The Decorating...  

Posted by cokelady

I’m a little embarrassed to admit this, but it took me a whole day to decorate my house with all the loot I got from Sue & Stacey. Not that there was THAT much stuff, but I arranged and rearranged and re-rearranged it all so many times I was dizzy. There are still a few groupings that I’m not real crazy about, but this is how things are looking so far…

I got a whole slew of these stitch prints. I just thought they'd be sooooo perfect in this particular house. :-) And I love the sayings I picked out, too...

I got these terrific beady things for above the windows in the kitchen. I always hated beady stuff, but again--it's just so great in this house! I also got the wire basket (hard to see from this angle) and the pitcher on the right with the flowery stuff. James brought the crocks home from an antique store yesterday.

These walls were formerly blank, but I found some more great pictures. :-) The one on the left has the Lord's Prayer (KJV, even!).

And this is the picture on the right. I LOVE IT!!! Ha! And I'm just noticing that I still haven't taken the price tags off yet. James will love that! Ha! Just keep in mind that we don't pay anything close to the retail prices you see--but still, don't add 'em up and tell me what they come to because my brain would compute the percentage and then I'd know how much we spent! ;-)

A beady willow tree! Who would've thought I'd ever have such a thing in my house?! But I love it! :-) And a few other odds and ends in this shot are new, too.

LOVE the lantern and the great balls that I found to fill the great basket we bought when Mom was here. :-)

One of those groupings I'm still working on...

Some new stuff here and there, too. The print on that wall says "REPUTATION is what man and woman think of us; CHARACTER is what God and angels know of us." :-)

This entry was posted on 9:21 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

5 comments

Thanks! It's starting to feel more like a HOME now. :-)

It all looks so GREAT! I like how you fixed up the shelf with the cow. It looks finished. Nice! It all looks so inviting and hospitable and comfortable!

Looks good! You got some really cute stuff. I like the beady stuff and the sayings on the stitch prints are GREAT!

Thanks! I really like the beady stuff, too. And I'm a sucker for wordy stuff. (You'd never guess that from the way I blog, hu?! HA!) It takes you an hour to read all the walls in my house. ;-)