Aunt Sue's House  

Posted by cokelady

We stayed there the first two nights and had a great time, as always. Staying there is kind of like staying at a Bed & Breakfast or something. The bedrooms are so… cozy and homey-like. And she pampers you like crazy. Which drives me crazy because of the kids—they get wa-a-a-a-ay too much junk there! I guess that’s what aunts are for. Her home is so comfortable and relaxing and we enjoy the time with her. And I even enjoy getting beat at pool by Uncle Jerry. I would enjoy it more if I won, but I’ll just be happy to be able to play. :-) And the kids, of course, love watching endless episodes of I Love Lucy and Wanted: Dead or Alive.

The first night we were there we didn’t have church, so we just ate tacos and spent the night talking. It was great! The next day we went down to Stacey’s store in Odessa to have a dedication service there. James did a really good job with it and it was very neat. Stacey’s been wanting to dedicate the store ever since she opened, but this was the first chance we had.

After the dedication service we walked next door (handy, hu?) to the hair shop and Stacey worked her magic on all three kids and me. :-) Everybody’s hair looks and feels sooooo much better now! We went out to eat a Fazoli’s, then went back to Stacey’s store to do some serious shopping. We've been needing to get some things for the house and this was our chance! Stacey gives us the same fantastic family discount that Aunt Sue does (at least I think she does! Ha!), but still--things add up! I can't bear to spend even small amounts of money, so I wouldn't let James tell me how much it all cost. I can't handle knowing. But I did get a lot of really great stuff, so that makes me happy! Ignorance is bliss, you know. ;-)

The next day we went to Aunt Sue’s store to do yet more shopping. Sue and Stacey carry a lot of the same things, but each store has it’s own “feel,” you know? They’re both terrific and I don’t think I could pick a favorite. Even if I did I couldn’t blog it because what if one of them read it?! Ha! Anyway, we got a whole bunch of stuff at Aunt Sue’s store, too. James made me do it. For real. Most husbands say, "Don't spent too much money!" James tells me, "Now when we get to Sue's store, don't just pick out one or two things--really shop and get everything you think you might need!" He's well familiar with my money spending phobia. With his prompting and encouragement, we walked out with quite a bit. :-)

This entry was posted on 10:12 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

I don't know if Sue and Stacey have time to read anything on the computer unless it has to do w/the store. Your pretty good at pool. I know you win sometimes. You forgot to mention your GREAT game of pool where you hit 6, thats right folks, 6 balls in all in one turn. amazing.

You come by the "money-spending-phobia" honest, and you did NOT inherit it from your father! HA! I've got better as I've gotten older, but I still have a hard time spending big $$$.

You're right, Tammy--I did have a fantastic drop-6-balls-in-a-row streak. Too bad they were the only ones I dropped all night! Ha!

I know, Mom. Which is why you don't have that new pink blouse thing you were telling me about! ;-)