And Finally...  

Posted by cokelady

Yesterday morning James asked if I wanted to make “a lighting fast trip into Albuquerque.” I managed not to laugh out loud. As I suspected, we made it home at about 2:30 instead of before noon like we had hoped. All trips to town turn out like that. Yet another reason to avoid them altogether. No, we really did need a few things and we had a good time. Went to Hobby Lobby for some supplies, then to Souper Salad for lunch. I like Souper Salad, but going there at lunch time is like going to the mall on a Friday night. I’m a people person for sure, but I get no pleasure out of being crammed into a room with twice as many people as the legal allotment, all strangers no less, and having to scream to talk to the 4 people I brought with me. Not fun. Anyway, then we went to the other Hobby Lobby to get what we couldn’t get at the first one.

I did some housework once we got back, got totally unpacked from the trip and got all of the laundry done. I made enchilada casserole and nacho dip for dinner last night, then pretty much crashed.

Today was some more serious housework along with school with the kids and some other chores. I spent the afternoon today making auxiliary banners for the Regional Convention. They’re actually mini-banners, but I think they’re cute! They’ll look good all hanging on the wall there. I had bought some great fabric for some new bloomers for Katie and some denim for a new skirt for her, but after working on the banners for a couple of hours I was already reaching that getting-mad stage that I always get to when I sew, so I decided to put the machine away for the night. Maybe I’ll start fresh tomorrow. Or maybe not. Anyway, this is how the banners turned out…


Neat, hu? I like ‘em. And I’m happy to have them completed so early. My goal was to rush ahead and get them done before James would have a chance to nag me about them. For the first time in 8 years of marriage, I succeeded! Wa-Hoo!!! Where’s my prize??? ;-)

And that’s about it from here. I have lots of ironing to do… But I don’t think I will. I’ve been zonking out (just mentally—not actually going to bed) by about 9:00 the past few nights and can’t seem to work up any motivation to accomplish anything. Oh well. Tomorrow’s another day, completely empty and ready to be filled up with all of the things I don’t feel like doing tonight.

And believe it or not, this is really and truly…



THE END!

This entry was posted on 9:10 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

9 comments

Whew! I survived! I'm a little confused though...where exactly was the boring parts? ~grin~ Great post...as usual. Although, I cannot imagine being so calm about finding snakes in the yard...UGH!

Wow you really had alot of interesting things going on. I enjoy reading about your adventures. I made it all the way through without getting bored.

I made it all the way through. Well...... I skimmed the snake part because you told me about that on the phone. Great post. How fun. I am so glad you guys got to come. It was great fun.
Love all the pictures. The willow creek stuff looks good. I am getting ready to work on the other 2 walls in the guest room. I can't wait til it is all done.
It was smart to blog in subjects. You are so smart!!!

Okay, first of all, none of you get a prize for "making it through the whole thing." "Whew! I survived! I made it all the way through!!!" Secondly, you missed the whole point of the multi-mini-posts. I even categorized them so it would be easy to comment on the parts that were of interest to you without sifting through the other parts... And all I got were three commenters at the very end with their fists raised to the sky as they jog in place and chant victoriously, "I made it!!!" What is that all about?! Ha! I guess I shouldn't complain. A comment is a comment and I got three. Wa-Hoo! I nabbed some! I MADE IT!!! *with fists held high, jogging in place while the "Rocky" music plays in the background... I'm sparring with the air now and dodging invisible punches...* Okay, I'll quit. Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your participation, even if you didn't follow the game plan. :-) I love you's all!

WHEW!!!! I hope you are happy. It was alot more work to comment on all the posts then just do one big comment at the end, but..... now that I have a blog :o) I know how fun comments are so because I love you I went through and commented on all your posts... well except the first one, There was not anything to comment about. So enjoy MY comments and I expect the same from you lady!!!
See you in two weeks. By the way, I like the banners. Good job.
Now do I get a prize?

Tammy, all I can say is... ONLY A TRUE FRIEND!!! Ha! Thanks so much! WOW, let's see, if I add up all of the comments from all of these posts, I have... 27 comments! Wa-Hoo!!! Is that a new record?! Of course, half of them are from me... and the other half are only from 4 other people... but STILL! HA!

I say you can be the record holder for "Most Comments." Fine with me. Whatever. ;-) I just want you to know that I, too, "survived to the end." Of course, it took me 2 days to do it. :-P

Those banners look GREAT! And you even got them done before getting nagged, WAHOO! Jame should give you a night on the town with no kids or something like that. ;-)

Ha! I'll be sure to tell him so! We had our ABM service tonight and James took the banner and hung it on the pulpit. As soon as service was over I ripped the "A" off and put it up where it belongs--it was driving me nuts all through church!