Total Score...  

Posted by cokelady

Tammy -- 560,250

Becki -- 559,965

Of course, that's not really the "total" since, by definition, there can never be an end to Eternal Rummy. But that's where things stand at present. I got our old score pads out and did all the math and that's what I came up with. That means that after 12 years and leads and losses of 6,000+ points a one time or another... we are only 285 points apart! Ha! That's so cool! ~sigh~ It wasn't as great as actually playing with Tammy while James was gone, but just flipping through the score pads brought back some of the fun. ;-)

The kids told me today that they miss Dad, but they can't wait for him to go to another Convention so they can party with Mom again. I told them that we're all going to the next Convention. "Ah, ma-a-a-a-an!" they said. Ha! James said maybe I should make sure they're good and miserable next time so they'll WANT to go to Conventions!

Yesterday started out with cinnamon rolls... with a cherry on top. :-)






We did some mild housework, but mostly just played. We went out and jumped on the trampoline for a little while--that's about their favorite thing to do, especially if they can get an adult roped into joining them. Even Sam gets on now. He still doesn't jump, or even stand. He just sits on the edge and holds on to the rail while everybody else jumps. But at least he's there and seems to enjoy himself!

Katie caught a caterpillar the other day and it entertained her for quite some time.


She found a big plastic jar to put him in (is it considered a jar if it's made of plastic?!) and gave him leaves to eat and "logs" to climb on... and a little bouncy ball to play with! Ha! She toted him around all day, in and out of the jar, but every time she'd put him down he was in great peril. There is always a Sam lurking about, you know. He was jealous because Katie wouldn't share her caterpillar, so being the vengeful child that he is, he took every opportunity to try to steal the poor thing and wreak havoc on it. He kept clunking the jar around (I can't believe the thing didn't die just from that) and trying to hide it--I even caught him trying to put it in the refrigerator one time. ~sigh~ That kid is such a creep. That evening I finally told Katie that she needed to let her little pet go. We didn't know anything about caring for caterpillars and he was sure to die if we tried to keep him. Especially with Sam around. I told her to go tell him goodbye and let him loose outside somewhere where the boys wouldn't find him. She nearly cried, but pulled herself together and agreed it was the best decision. Of course, the next morning she went back to the same spot and found him again. The poor thing. He hasn't got a chance.

Katie, Katie, Katie. That girl. She is such a hoarder. Always has been. I remember when she was one year old, toddling around and jabbering up a storm... and always carrying around a basket or purse or something jam-packed full of things. She rarely played with the things, but she wanted to have them and keep them always. She never has learned how to get rid of anything. A few days ago she came to me with the bottom half of a box that used to contain stationary and asked if she could keep it. I told her no, that it was trash--we had enough stuff sitting around the house already. "But, Mom! This box is very special to me! I'll use it for... a tray! A tray for my dishes!" "Katie, we got rid of your dishes before we moved." Panic attack. The thought! We got rid of something! She hasn't missed them a single time in the past three months but now that she knows we got rid of them she finds it a terribly cruel thing to do. She wants to keep everything, including (and sometimes especially) trash. ~sigh~

And she's still emotional. Wa-a-a-a-ay too emotional. I can't relate, so I either get frustrated with her or laugh at her. The kids had been begging to play Cadoo the other day (it's a kid Cranium game), so I finally sat down to play with them. On Katie's very first turn her card said to go and find something that was red and something that started with an "r" before the timer ran out. I flipped the timer and told her to go. She immediately burst into tears as she was running into the other room. "I don't know what to get!!! What's red?! And I don't know anything that starts with an 'r'!!!" After several seconds she came running back into the room, dragging a blanket with red patches, but she was still bawling and insisting that nothing starts with an "r". ~sigh~ Fun game. I usually just say "Forget it--if you're going to act that way, you're not going to play." But I had to laugh this time. She is just sooooo dramatic! Everything is SUCH a big deal to her! My little girl. I pray most for her these days, that God will help her to level out and that He'll give me the wisdom to be able to connect with her and aim her in the right direction. She is such a wonderful girl... with so very many hang-ups! If God gives us the grace to succeed with her, she will be a wonderful, loving, helpful, giving, talented worker for the Lord. If we fail... well, she's going to be a mess! Ha!

Anyway, I started talking about our weekend... We mostly just played! We had the cinnamon rolls for breakfast that day, ramen and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch, and a Frito pie for dinner. :-) I kept the projector set up and let the kids watch several things "on the wall" over the weekend, which was fun. We can still do that because our walls are still blank, void of paint, wallpaper, and decor. It will only last so long, so we made the best of it! :-)

After I put the kids to bed last night I did it. I attacked the mountain of ironing full force. And two movies and a vanilla coke later... I had conquered. :-) I watched In the Good Old Summertime (with Judy Garland and Van Johnson), then Sense and Sensibility. On the wall, of course. It makes the ironing bearable if you have something to distract you and make you forget that you're ironing. ;-) I got every stitch of everything washed and ironed last night and it felt GREAT.

We had good services today, but we sure missed James! Sunday School went good, but it was just my three kids in class until the last 3 minutes when four others came piling in! I hate that! We were just cleaning everything up and these kids come in and see the fun crafts we made, but there's no time for them to do anything. I told them what we learned today (Palm Sunday stuff) and said to be sure and tell their parents they want to be to church early next week so they can do Easter stuff in Sunday School! We'll see.

Sister Sally went ahead and did her ABM service, so I didn't have to do the show-a-video thing after all. :-) It was good. We missed having a preacher and especially a piano player (!), but I finally went and plinked around a little bit on the last couple of songs since I knew I had played them before. I sooooo need more practice! Ha! Tonight was had a prayer meeting and there were just a few of us there, but the Lord blessed and I'm thankful for the good spirit and the good season of prayer with the faithful few. :-)

Came home and had mac-n-cheese for dinner. Gotta love that. Let the kids watch one more show "on the wall" before bed, and now I'm blogging. It's been a good weekend, all in all. I've needed the break from the bathroom project. All I've done in there since James has been gone is clean things up (it was TRASHED) and put several coats of polyurethane on the countertop. And fix the mini-blinds. I don't know what it is with James. He wants everything just so... and then he hangs mini-blinds and doesn't cut all of the extra blinds off the bottom! So when you let the blinds down there's a big pile of "extras" that crashes down on the window sill--and the pull strings are sooooo long, they dangle three feet down from the window! He always does it that way and it always drives me crazy. So I fixed that yesterday. I managed to ram a screwdriver into the palm of my hand in the process, making a pretty nasty gash about an inch long. Dumb, dumb, dumb. It's in a very inconvenient place and it's bothered me a whole lot, even today. I'm hoping it's not infected or something. There's no telling what was on that screwdriver!

Hhmmm. Guess that's all the excitement from around here. James comes home tomorrow and then it's back to the old grindstone. ;-) I talked to him tonight and he said that they had a really good Convention up there, although there were several who were unable to attend due to sickness and bad weather. I'm looking forward to the next Convention (two weeks from now) all the more after missing this one! Well, I'm off to... Hhmmm. Don't know what I'm going to do! But I'm off!

~Only Losing by 285 Points~

BECKI ;-)

P.S.--I almost forgot. Here are a few pictures I took the other day. Have you ever seen a kid put Lincoln Logs away like this?! For being so... well, so Sam (!), he is very organized. He's the one to go and line all of the shoes up in the closet or separate Legos according to color or size--or line up Lincoln Logs in the bin!



The kids have been begging James to jump on the trampoline with them ever since we moved it, but to no avail. The other day he came inside and said that he'd been on the trampoline and they were extremely distraught that he had done it without them. I told him it was cruel to have done such a thing and insisted that he go jump with them!


Here are the kids trying real hard to "bounce" their Dad...





And James' turn to bounce them...

And here's a game James invented. He calls it "Log Roll" and it, of course, involves rolling over one another...

The poor kids! Ha!

This is what is known as Trampoline Hair! :-)


Okay. That's all, folks! :-)

This entry was posted on 9:15 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

6 comments

What a wonderful time you guys have been having! Love Katie's trampoline hair. I do know a little girl that used to put the Lincoln logs away just like Sam. Wow! Thought she broke the mold...guess not! Joe sure was digging into those cinnamon rolls, but from the look on Sam's face, he either had too much inside and was about to choke or he got ahold of a bad bite. ~grin~

I love it. 285 wow, that is amazing. Eternal Rummy is the way to go. Nobody wins or loses.
To think we started that game when I was 20 and you were 18.
That is weird. How fun.

Way to go, Tammy. You just told everybody how old we are.

;-)

Tammy! What do you MEAN, "nobody wins or loses"??? YOU are WINNING and Becki is LOSING. L - O - S - I - N - G!!!! Loooooooooooosing!!! Bwah, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!! That's all that matters! :-D

yea, she is losing..... That is true. Look out Becki.

Anonymous  

Do you always cut your cinnamon rolls that thin?