They're Home!  

Posted by cokelady

James and Sean, I mean. :-) James got back this afternoon, so the kids and I drove into town to pick him up at the airport. It was our first time there. It's very... New Mexican! It's neat. We're all really happy to have James home (although the kids are bummed about the "party" being over! Ha!) and I think he's happy, too. He had a great trip and really enjoyed the Convention and service in Denver as well as all of the fellowship. But now he's glad to be home. And we're glad to have him home! Or them, I should say.

Ah, yes. I forgot to mention Sean to you. Before James left on this trip he went out and bought one of those nifty little GPS devices that shows you a map of where you are and where you're going and it talks and tells you when to turn and all that stuff. Mom and Dad have one they named Margaret and they are completely lost without her. I'm not sure they could read a regular map anymore if they tried! Ha! Anyway, these things are terrific for people who travel a lot and we definitely fit that mold. I got to looking through the book of the one James bought and it said that you could download celebrity voices onto it instead of using the generic ones that come with the machine. I immediately thought of Sean Connery and told James that that's the voice I want on our machine! :-) Sooooo...

While he was in Denver, Jon downloaded several voices onto our machine. They actually did have Sean Connery (wa-hoo!), so that's terrific. But now we also have Captain Jean Luc Picard, Darth Vader, Yoda, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. James said he was using the Darth Vader voice on his way to church in Denver and he had Nathan and Caleb with him. When they got to church Vader said, "Your journey to the Dark Side is complete!" Ha! How terrible! I love the Arnold Schwarzenegger voice. When you first start him up he says, "You are going somewhere... but you'll be back!" (You have to say it out loud in your best Arnold voice to really appreciate it!) Ha! Still, I like good old Sean the best. In fact, I had him guide us home tonight just for the fun of it. :-) Life is grand!!!

Let's see. Not much else to report. We had waffles for breakfast and one last pizza party with a show on the wall before James got home. We watched the Sumo Veggie Tales so we could see Lutfi's Fanciful Flannelgraph about St. Patrick's Day. Ha! That one is so great. "Oh, mighty pond scum! Ye are powerful and... scummy!" :-)

Got the castle cleaned up for the king today... That's about it. Wow! A decently short post! Do I get a ribbon or something?! Have a great night, ya'll!

~Becki~

This entry was posted on 9:13 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

10 comments

Ahhhh! To have heard Darth Vader telling your husband that his journey to the dark side had been completed as he pulled up to the church!!!!!!!!!!!! That is too hilarious!!!

We have yet to name our GPS, or rather, my husband changes the name every time we leave on a trip, mainly because he can't remember what he was calling it during the last trip. *rolling eyes*

Name it Roscoe! Or Whitey!!! ;-)

Too cool! I would like the Jean Luc Picard one. "to go where no man has gone before".....I'm an old Trekki :)

Roscoe or Whitey with a woman's voice...oh that would be priceless! ~hee hee~

Oh that is awesome. Is it only a certain brand that has the option of changing voices? I had "Jane" on my visit to MN and I loved having her. I didn't even mind the fact that she interrupted me...that's when I really get lost because I get to talking and miss turns.

I think most of the devices nowadays allow you to change the voices--they usually have a few different generic ones in the system when you buy it. James bought a TomTom and it allows you to download celebrity voices. I don't know about the other brands. It definitely makes the trip more fun!

Thanks for you comment on my blog... I appreciate the encouragement and the prayers! I am so ready to deliver this baby but God knows the perfect timing... especially with this silly injury I've got now.

Still praying for you, Rachel! We'll be waiting for "the news"!!! ;-)

Sister Tammy W.-- Picard took us to Old Town today. When we arrived he said, "You have reached your destination. Initiate docking procedure." :-)

When you start to leave, does he say, "ENGAGE".
too cool.

Probably--I don't remember! We've only used him once. I know he says something about Mach 2... ;-)