Sam & Sonic  

Posted by cokelady

Still no time to sit and post all of my Camp and Convention pics, but I couldn't NOT post this picture. Look:


For those of you who don't live in a Sonic area of the world and therefore don't see the commercials, this won't make any sense at all--but everybody else recognized the "Sonic Guy" right away, I'm sure. (He's the guy in the driver's seat in the commercials, with the doofy blonde guy next to him.) The guy (Peter) is from New York, but he just married a girl from Andrews last month and Sam did a story on them in the paper. Yesterday Sam & Tammy went to check out the 4th of July festivities down at the park and happened to run into him. This guy has always reminded us of Sam (which makes the commercials that much funnier) and Tammy insisted on taking a picture of them together. Look like two peas in a pod, don't they?! Ha! And check out those cool shirts--I always die over that crazy flower shirt of Sam's, and the other guy looks like he does his primary shopping at Goodwill, too. Ha! I love it!!!

Gotta get busy around here. There are still 4 or 5 piles of laundry waiting to be done and a regional paper I've only just begun. Maybe by Saturday I'll be back in the swing of things again. Time will tell!

This entry was posted on 8:13 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

10 comments

And WHAT, pray tell, is wrong with doing your primary shopping at Goodwill? ;-)

Oh my word! The real Sonic guy! WOW! That is SO cool! It will make the Sonic commercials more special for me knowing they're buds with our beloved Sam. :)

That is too cool!!!! hahaha!! Danny loves those commercials.

Rachel--I assure you there is NOTHING wrong with doing your primary shopping at Goodwill... so long as it doesn't APPEAR that that's where you do your shopping! Ha! (You can find great stuff there, or you can find stuff that's been on that rack since 1984, you know?!)

Grace--I really think Sam should BE in the Sonic commercials, don't you?! He's got that same spaced-out look and bizarrity about him. Maybe they could squeeze him in the backseat for the next one. He'd be perfect!!!

Wendy--we watch very little TV, but we always keep a look-out for those commercials when we do have it on. They're so great!

I like the exasperated look the wife gives the "Sonic man" when he just doesn't make sense. Too funny. I love Sonic. However, in Texas you can get a Steak Finger Basket or steak sandwich (also at DQ). Alabama has NEVER heard of them!!! I'm dying here. :) I also like the Frito Chili Pie Wrap. hhmmmmm.

We have ONE Sonic in Washington and you would know that it would have to be on the EAST side of the state rather than on the WEST side where we live.

We keep telling Darren that he needs to find some investors and open a Sonic in Burlington in this space across from the high school which just happens to be right off the interstate. Actually, I don't care if it is Darren that does it or someone else, just please let us have a Sonic, we already get the commercials and it is such a tease. Cool picture...I kept trying to figure out why that guy looked so familiar and then I read your post. ~grin~

You know, this TV deprived kid has never seen a Sonic commercial. I want to see one now to see what the fuss is all about. :)

Wow, you guys make alot of laundry....

Like twins seperated at birth!!!