Just to Tide You Over  

Posted by cokelady

Let me say up front that this will not be the long, drawn-out post full of pictures and Camp and Convention information that you've all been waiting for. I truly wish I felt up to that tonight, but alas, I don't. It's been a great 10 days, but we are wiped out! I managed to get unpacked today. That basically means that everything has been taken out of the suitcases, dufflebags and boxes, and strewn in various places throughout the house. I hate this stage of the trip: the recovery. It usually takes me several days to get completely through it and get back to normal life again--whatever that is.

The summery of our trip is simply: it was great! We had a really good Camp with lots of great classes and services and several experiences, but I can't recall the exact numbers so I'll have to wait until I get a chance to ask James. Camp felt really different to me this year. Like something was missing. Don't get me wrong--it was a great Camp and the Lord blessed and we all had a great time. There was just something different about it. Usually our Camps have a particular feel to them and this one just seemed different. I dunno. Anyway, it was great--and I'll be sure to post some pictures just as soon as I can.

Convention, too, was... well, great!!! We thoroughly enjoyed having Brother and Sister Byers with us, as well as the Wantulok family. We didn't get to fellowship with them as much as we would have liked, but we so enjoyed the time we did have with them all. The messages were such a blessing (I can't wait to listen to the recordings!) and everybody seemed to really enjoy the Communion and Feetwashing. That's right--we had Communion and Feetwashing at our Regional Convention. Weird perhaps, but it was such a blessing!!! I've done it several times at BTI, but this time it really sunk in that I was partaking of the Body of Christ in the "Church" sense, not only in the salvation sense. Somehow doing it in the Convention atmosphere gave a whole new meaning to me and a new appreciation for it. And the feet washing is always such a blessing as well. It was neat!

That's it for now. Just enough to whet your appetite. Or make you mad that you've been waiting 10 days... for this!!! Ha! I really will do my utmost to get some pictures and stories up here as soon as I can (and I have got a great kid story), but I really don't know when that will be. With the current condition of my house, I really have no business spending a lot of time blogging. Tomorrow, as I'm sure some of you have noticed, is the 4th of July. We'll be going to Aunt Sue's house with the rest of the crowd for that. And we've got the regional paper to get put together--we're already way late on it. So it may be toward the end of the week before I find some free time in which to blog. But then, you know me. I have a hard time sticking to my proper priorities, so I'll probably get burnt out on the ironing and have to take a blog break somewhere along the way. ;-) We'll just have to see how it goes. I mostly just wanted to let you all know that we had a great Camp, a great Convention, and that we made it home last night safe and sound. Hope all is well out there in Blogland. I'll have to go visiting as soon as I get a chance. Love you all!

~Becki~

This entry was posted on 9:04 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

6 comments

I'm thrilled you had a wonderful camp and convention. We also had a GREAT convention and I know our camp is going to be awesome also. I'm glad your home and I know how you feel about being worn out. Two weekends ago we were in Canada for 4 days, then this past weekend in Kennewick for 4 days but it's alway good to come home. I'm looking forward to the pictures.

I'm glad that you all made it safely home. I've been missing reading your blog. I'm so glad that you all had a wonderful convention and camp. I'm looking forward to our convention and camp also. Can't wait to see pictures.

The pool! That is what was missing. :( I was so sad when I found out we wouldn't get to have swim time this year. I haven't swam in two years.

Wow, you being gone for 10 days, makes our 6 seem like nothing. haa haa.

Your right, recovery is the hardest part of the trip it seems.