Never Fear  

Posted by cokelady

...all is well here, in spite of my failure to blog. I actually received a phone call a little while ago: "You haven't been blogging... Are you okay?!?!?" Ha! Strange, isn't it? A year and a half ago I didn't even know what a blog was. I recall when I first started my blog and I intended to write something maybe once a week. Mom jumped in and went whole hog--every day without fail, The Mad Blogger. I thought it was pitiful and mocked her mercilessly. Of course, since that time I have found myself blogging much more than the one time a week I initially intended. But I've maintained a sporadicity sufficient to keep me from being accused of being addicted to blog. Or so I thought. Apparently I've earned a reputation as being more of a blogger than I thought I wanted to be. I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it's in place nonetheless. So here I am, blogging. :-)

I actually intended to blog last night, but I just didn't feel like it. I just felt incredibly lethargic. Usually when I feel like not being incredibly productive it seems like the prime time to sit and blog. But I was even too lazy to blog last night. It requires some degree of thought to blog and I didn't feel like thinking at all. Instead I asked James if he would spend the evening with me. And Alfred Hitchcock. ;-) Of course, I ended up having to use my brain to try to solve the mystery, but it still seemed less strenuous than blogging. Turned out to be a great decision. The episode was entitled "I Killed the Count" and ended up being a 3-parter, with more and more people confessing to the same murder and the detective going batty trying to sort it all out and figure out who the real killer was. In the end, the way the evidence was laid out, there was no way he could rightly charge any of them for the murder, so they all got off scotch free! Ha! It was so great! Alfred Hitchcock is hilarious and his introductions to the episodes are usually the best part of the entire show. It is, however, a little embarrassing that I've been too busy watching TV to blog. Tsk, tsk, tsk. For shame!!! I'll try to not let it happen again, but I can't make any promises since James bought the entire 2nd season and I'm becoming increasingly fond of good ole' Alfred! Ha!

I really had no idea it had been a full 5 days since I last posted anything. I was thinking it had been just 3. I haven't just been watching TV all this time. I was actually a very good, hard working, productive girl for the first three days! I've been amazing myself at how well I've been staying on top of things around here. The laundry and ironing and kitchen floor and bathrooms--all of the things that usually sneak up on me before I know it. I've actually been able to maintain them instead of the usual frantic efforts to recover once I've lost all control! Ha! It feels pretty good this way. Wonder how long it will last...

I've been doing real good in the meal department, too (just so you know, Jay Doran!!!), and have managed to pull off pork chops, roast, tuna casserole, sloppy joe's, and some other homemade something-or-another in the past week. So I quit. Ha! We're going to scrounge tonight. That'll be nice.

We had Sam & Tammy over for dinner on Sunday and they ended up spending most of the day here. It was great! We used to do that just about every week, but it's been ages since we've had a day like that. Then Tammy brought Archie to the park to meet up with the kids and me yesterday. That was fun. Afterwards she came over to play Eternal Rummy for an hour or two. I increased my lead and am now about 4,500 points up on her. ~sigh~ Life is Grand. :-)

Ah yes! The other reason I haven't been blogging! When I haven't been watching Alfred or doing housework, I've been making cards!!! Wow! A whole 4 of them!!! (I'll never understand how Emilee can sit down and whip out dozens at a time--she's my hero!!!) I'm almost ashamed to show them, but as infrequently as I do this sort of thing who knows when the next ones will be?! I was really excited about the first card--it looked great in my head--but I was disappointed in the finished product... until the next two cards came along, then the first one suddenly looked much better! Ha! They're not terrible, but I'm not real thrilled with any of them--they all seem to have that "beginner" look to them, you know?! Like I just tried my hand at this homemade card thing for the very first time. ~sigh~ Oh well.




Although the picture is a little blurry, this last card is the obvious favorite simply because you can't go wrong when you've got such great papers and color combo's! Ha! Now you know what I've been doing with all of my usual blog time.

Sammy has been standing next to me in his cowboy hat and boots, guitar strapped on, singing "Back in the Saddle Again" for quite some time. That kid is just toooooooo cute. Oh yeah! I've been meaning to tell you! Remember some time back when I mentioned the little "warts" on his face that seemed to be spreading? We tried the duct tape thing, but only a few times. He couldn't get the tape to stay on his face and, of course, James wouldn't allow him to be seen in public like that. (Some people are just no fun at all! Ha!) We've been rubbing some vitamin A on him every night before bed--we'd read that it is supposed to help do away with warts. It never seemed to do much good and just a couple of weeks ago I noticed that the bumps were spreading even more--several new ones above his lip and even one up on his nose. So I got online and started searching some more. From what I can tell, I think it's either molluscum contagiosum or milia, neither of which I had ever heard of before (!) and neither of which are considered serious at all. They usually clear up on their own in time. They are both caused by a virus and are prone to spread. Anyway, after researching a little bit I decided to just wash the kid's face with a gentle exfoliant several times a day. Guess what?! It's working!!! The bumps are flattening out and flaking off! Which, of course, makes me look like the worst Mom in the world. All this time, all I had to do was wash the kid's nasty face!!! That's terrible!!! Makes me feel like I'm raising a bunch of filthy little rats or something--he's had these bumps for months and months and months!!! I did wash his face before, but usually only when there was something visible: smears of peanut butter or blobs of ketchup or streaks of dirt... I've been taking him into the bathroom and scrubbing on him several times a day this past week and he's looking great! It's great to see his adorable little face clearing up, even though it's been an unpleasant revelation of my failures in the Mom department! Ha!

Well, I'm hearing big thunder outside, so I'd best sling this into cyberspace and shut things down. Until next time!

~Becki~

This entry was posted on 12:43 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

11 comments

Thank you so much...What are their names? And did you tell them all the details? Again thanks allot...

Their names are:
Sara Clifton, TX
Tayde Soto, NM
Erika Banuelos, NM
Abbie ??? (Can you help, Tayde?! What is her last name?), NM

They all know they are to wear white ankle-length dresses, flat white shoes/slippers, and short white gloves.

There are two other possibilities I'm waiting to hear back about. I'll be in touch! :-)

Congratulations on staying on top of things. That always feel good!

The cards are GREAT! I like the last one simply because the colors are fun, but I think the first one is my favorite. But the third one is fun too. Oh brother...you did a GREAT job on your cards!!!!

It's good to hear that you found a fix for Sam's face. Don't feel bad...we all have times of ignorance. At least it's been brought to your attention and you can fix it now. :-)

I love the cards Becki. They look great.

All of the cards are adorable! I'm thoroughly impressed! And I'm also impressed, but not to as great a degree, to hear that you've begun washing the youngest child's face. *rolling eyes* JUST KIDDING! I'm glad it's such an easy fix. Who'd have known? The Internet is a WEALTH of information! It's so nice to be able to research all kinds of things so quickly and easily.

You've been doing great on your meals, it sounds like. Much better than me. Last night I had Dad stop and pick up a bag of Frito's and I opened a can of chili. Tonight he called on his way home and asked if I had plans for supper, or did I want him to pick up some personal pan pizza's on his way home? WHAT A GUY! Makes me suspect HE suspected I wasn't cooking. *shrugging*

Well Becki who would of known you couldn't make cards.. They are really great.

Wow! I'm throughly impressed! Those cards are really good and cute.

You did an awesome job on the cards. I thought that the first one was the greatest, but...then the third rolled up the screen and it is just too cute and of course the last one is awesome. The second one may not jump out and grab you, but it is still very pretty and there was no "this is a newbie trying her hand at making cards" thought when I saw them...it was totally "WOW! you did great!" Keep it up!

BTW...good job on staying on top of things. Glad you finally figured out how to help Sam with his bumps...who'd a thunk that all you had to do was exfoliate his face? ~giggle~ I certainly wouldn't have thought of that. ~hee hee~

Anonymous  

My Mom said that
her and I just mite go this year
but we need $435 to go so we mite
we have $115.16 so well if we
we'll see if I'm going frist

Sara

I still need 22 more ladies...School schedules has been my biggest hurdle...If I don't get these filled pretty soon, we are going to open up more ages probably all VLB ages...HELP...

Christian young ladies willing to wear as close to ankle length white attire, flat white shoes/slippers/barefoot and short white gloves...

Anonymous  

Guss
what Becki I'm going
to the Assembly this year
but just my Mom and me cuz
the whole Famliy can't go so
just me and my Mom are see ya there

Sara Shu