To Blog or Not to Blog...  

Posted by cokelady

That is the question. Actually, the question I'm faced with at this particular moment is: To blog...or to iron? Hhmmm. Tough one. Especially since I'd have to get a step ladder to reach the top of the ironing pile at this point. Who wants to get involved with a project like that?! I might even get hurt. So what was I do to? BLOG.

As usual, I have nothing much to blog about, but hey, has that ever stopped me before? Of course not!

James loaded us all up and hauled us to Hobby Lobby last night. You guessed it: Christmas stuff. ~sigh~ Bought 8 snowmen. The worst part is that he makes me pick them out. Call me weird, but I just can't get excited about this. It's September, for goodness' sake. Not December, November, or even October -- September. But this is only the beginning. We're going to have to go Christmas shopping once a week from here on out because the sales change that frequently. This week the snowmen were on sale 50% off. And the argument was obvious: "But Bec, they're never going go on a better sale than this until after Christmas-- and right now is when you'll have the biggest selection!" What hope do I have? When we have so much Christmas stuff that it won't fit in the shed anymore, I'm going to try to draw the line. I don't want to get involved in the "I shall build me bigger barns" thing! Ha!

I've been nicking away at some household chores the last few days, but just can't seem to work up the motivation to stick to any of them. It took me three days to get my desk cleaned off. It's not that it was piled that high, just that my oomph was that low. I cooked three chickens yesterday and finally got around to chopping them up and freezing them in small packs today. Made a chicken & stuffing casserole tonight. Must've been a hit because there's very little left. James had been craving stuffing. After dinner he took Sammy with him to the store and they came back with ice cream (Blue Bell, of course, Mom!), bananas, cherries, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream. WOW! It was great!!!

I made my first peach pie the other day. It was okay, but not nearly as glorious as I was hoping for. I used some peaches that we bought from an Amish farmer while we were in Pennsylvania and just expected the pie to be out-of-this-world. Do you know how disappointing it is to expect out-of-this-world and end up with "eeehh, pretty good." ~ugh~ The peaches (and the apples and the corn on the cob) had a long trip from that Amish farm to west Texas, so maybe that made a difference. In any case, there's half of a mediocre peach pie in the other room if any of you have a hankerin'.

I guess I should go. Does this qualify as a book, Mandie, or should I continue? I would add some pictures for those of you who like the story book thing (you know who you are), but alas, I can't add pictures. Why, you may ask. Because I don't have any pictures. Why, you may ask. Because I no longer own a camera. Why, you may ask. Because it was in my brand new purse that was stolen at the General Assembly!!! That's right, I searched for a whole year for a purse that I liked, finally found one I loved, spent twice as much for it as I've ever spent on a purse before ($18 to be exact--I know, I know, I'm cheap), had it for a whole two weeks and *wham-o* it gets nabbed. It's a long story and hardly worth the telling, so I'll spare you all the gory details. On the bright side, my husband doesn't trust me with any credit cards (not that I ever spend money; I just, on occassion, seem to misplace important things...like purses), so there was no danger there. I did have a debit card, but it was a new one and I'd been too lazy to activate it. I told James, "See, I do my part!" I'm a good wife. :-) The biggest loss was the $50 cash that I had, the digital camera, my drivers license, and the clip-on sunglasses that came with my current glasses. And, of course, the "I finally found the perfect one!" purse itself. ~ugh~ I was sick over it. But it could have been soooooo much worse, so I'm thankful. In the big scheme of things, it's really not that important. But don't tell James I said that--he'll think I'm not taking this seriously enough and he'll never even let me own another purse! Ha!

Okay, I guess I'll spare you any more. For now anyway. Hope you all have a great night!


~Becki~

This entry was posted on 8:04 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

10 comments

Anonymous  

Great choice for blogging instead of ironing. I am really sorry about your purse. I have lost my purse over three times before and know how it feels to lose something so important, especially if you had valuables in there, or if you loved your purse. Luckily, i have always found my purse, but at the time it feels really bad.

I'm glad I'm not the only one out there who loses things. Not that I'm glad we've lost/had things stolen. Ah, anyway. Sorry to hear about that, Bec. Maybe you'll find it in your mountain of ironing. :-) Speaking of which, I'd better go get back on my mountain of laundry. And I don't even have much of an excuse for having a mountain of laundry except that work has been extremely hectic and stressful lately.

My husband and I JUST went through the whole keeping track of my purse thing this morning! I have a bad track record, but I have to say that it has been clean for at LEAST 9 months! But somehow I am still "marked". Sigh. Never had one stolen though! Hopefully it wasn't stolen AT the General Assembly auditorium though? Though you never can tell, I know someone whose Bible was stolen from there last year!

Your Dad bought me several snowmen items last year, from some store that was going out of business I think he said. I have enough snowmen now that I'm considering doing a room with that theme in the next house. Perhaps the laundry room? Maybe that would cool it down. :-) I saw some really cute country wallpaper border last week with primitive snowmen on it and at the bottom of the border it said, "Love knows no season." Cute! Perfect for a snowman room! :-)

Anonymous  

I buy myself a new snowman every year... Since it's the only snow I get to enjoy. I've already purchased mine this year along with a few Christmas presents :)

Wow, maybe it's because I still live in Colorado, where it actually snows, but I have never bought a snowman. I suddenly feel like I've missed out on something great. Maybe someone will take pity on me and send me of their old ones.

Where did you buy your perfect purse? Maybe you should see if they have any more. My Mom in law collects snowmen. She really likes the Flurryvile snow men. They look like they are carve out of wood, kind of like the Willow tree figurines. But you won't find those at Hobby Lobby or Big Lots. Sorry Haley. :)

I collect snowmen too, so if anyone feels like they have too many...just feel free to send them on to me. ~grin~ Especially since I don't have a Hobby Lobby or a Big Lots or anything like that!

I guess there has to be one in every family that loses things. So don't feel bad, your in good company!