Quick Update!  

Posted by cokelady

I don't have a whole lot of time--I have to go to practice for the Ladies' Retreat choir at 6:00. Ha! Crazy. They apparently don't care if you can sing or not, it's required that we participate.
The Fields of the Wood service yesterday was very, very cool. Actually, it was very, very hot!!! We were all dripping with sweat by the time we left, but it was well worth it. It was just sooooo neat to be there after so many years (7 years for me, I think) and for The Church of God to gather there for an actual service was just soooooo cool! We're guessing there were around 300 people there. We sang some songs and heard some of the historical record, then Dad preached about going back to Bethel (I know I'm biased, but it was excellent!), then the Rockingham choir sang (it's soooo great--the black choir with pale little ole' Karen Hill right in the middle of 'em! Ha!), the Brother Byers spoke for a few minutes. I took lots of pictures, but haven't had a chance to even look at them yet, much less worry about posting them.
The Rally was last night and it was good, too. Lots of singing and the Lord really moved. Brother Carter preached and did his best to get folks excited about the Assembly and letting the Lord have His way.
We had a good prayer session this morning. Michael Jernigan preached a really good message entitled, "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." So very, very good. He gave us lots of good things to think about and hopefully incorporate into our daily lives. I love messages like that!
This afternoon Kevin Werkheiser preached on outward adornment. I missed the first half of it due to some unexpected and unavoidable circumstances (oooooh, I hate that!), but the last half was good! Then Jay Doran preached on divorce and remarriage and did a really good job. I'm so glad he was able to make it to the Assembly, even for just a little while. Thanks for lending him to us, Rebekah! By the way, there are a few statements that I think you should be aware of that he made during his message today. You'll want to secure a copy of it, I'm sure! ;-)
Well, I've gotta go put the left-overs away and get ready to go again. Jon flew in today and Aunt Sue is picking him up from the airport tonight. He'll be here tonight and tomorrow, then he flies back to Colorado early on Thursday morning. What is it with these guys flying in one day and out the next?! Weird-o's. ;-)
Okay, that's it for now! I'm going to go grab a whoopie pie to throw in my bag to take to Tammi Adams. Knowing her, she probably won't touch it. But at least she'll have the opportunity to try a genuine Amish made whoopie pie if she wants to! Ha! Later!!!
~Bec~

This entry was posted on 3:25 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

6 comments

Thanks for the updates Becki! It's awful being stuck here in Colorado, AGAIN...but your reports make it somewhat bearable. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Thank you so much for posting. I was wondering how Jacob did. Just what did he say?????

I also want to thank you for posting.

Thanks for the report, sister. We won't be able to make it down until Sat morning, so it's nice to hear good reports until then,
God bless...

Yes Sis. Becki I am also thankful for those good reports to you are great, Thanks a bunch

What SLANDER!!! ~giggle~ I DID indeed try that whoopie pie and shared it with some others who had NO clue as to what is was or even why I would be in possession of such a thing. Thanks for thinking of me and bringing it so that I could try it.