Day 6 -- Tuesday  

Posted by cokelady

I am plumb tuckered out. Although if I said that to any of these Yankees up here they wouldn't have a clue what I meant. Been another good day around here, though still rainy. I'd usually much rather have rain than heat, but I feel bad for the kids. They haven't been able to do any of the usual outside things here at Grandpa "Noy-man's" house. (That's how Sam pronounces Norman--it's so great!)
I spent a while this morning trying to figure out what is wrong with our Sony camcorder, then James took a look at it. No matter what we try, it just keeps beeping obnoxiously at us and telling us to "reinsert the tape." After fighting with it for a while James determined that the thing is just shot. ~sigh~ Why do electronics always do that when you need them the most?! It's been a good little camera for us though and we really can't complain since we only paid $60 for it on clearance about a year and a half ago. We've got our money's worth and more, I'm sure!
This afternoon we loaded up the kids and went to see some of the family around here. We visited with James' cousin Pauline for a little while, then drove down to Mifflintown (don't ask--'bout 45 miles from here, I think) to visit with Steve & Lois and their crowd. Some more family (and some of my favorites), Larry & Mary Ann, showed up after a while, so it was nice to see them all. We watched some old videos of when James was about 8 years old, and then when he was preaching somewhere when he was about 18. Those were great!
We just got home a few minutes ago and threw the kids into their pj's and then their beds. I think I'm ready to hit the hay myself. Tomorrow is the Amish market in Bellville--if it doesn't get rained out. It's been raining ever since we got here, so I don't know what to expect. If we go, it will be a pretty early morning. G'night!
~Becki~

This entry was posted on 9:52 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

I've been enjoying the commentary. Thanks for keeping us up to date. --I'll be leaving for IYC in a few hours. No, I haven't started packing yet. --Can't wait to see you guys.

Thanks for keeping us updated on your trip. I've enjoyed reading. See you at the Assembly Lord willing.

Love you