Day 9 -- Friday  

Posted by cokelady

We're in big trouble tonight. I can't rememer very much! Last night James was sitting next to me while I blogged, reminding me of everything we had done throughout the day. Tonight I'm on my own and nothing much is coming to mind!

I do remember that we let the kids fish for a while this morning. There is a creek that runs across the Hornes' property and you drive across the bridge to get up to their house. So we sat on the bridge to fish since all of the fish like to hide underneath it. Each kid caught a little something--tiny little 4" fish or a crawdad. (They call 'em "cray fish" or something weird like that up here.) It was fun, but nerve-racking since there are no rails on the bridge, it just drops off. Katie and Joe were fine, but Sam has no good sense and no fear of anything. Bad combination. He got yelled at and yanked away from the edge a lot and finally banned from the bridge entirely and told to go play on the swingset or something!

The weather finally cleared up today. We've been hoping for that all week and now that it finally happened we really regretted it! It was soooooo hot and muggy today! ~Bleagh~ Miserable. I had to take a second shower just a little while ago because of it!

We went "up the hill" for Katie to finish her "house" and for Grandpa to give all the kids rides on the tractor. They love that and I think I got some good pictures out of it. We'll have to take a look at them one of these days.

James wanted to go to Tops Diner before we head south, so that's what we did for dinner tonight. He loves to go on Friday night because it's fish night. I was just glad we didn't have to have any more Danny's Pizza! I thought for sure James would want that one last time before we leave, but I lucked out. :-)

I got all of the laundry and ironing done today and got most everything packed up and loaded into the van. We're going to try to get on the road pretty early in the morning (that's about 8:00 for us!), so I got most everything done tonight to make it easier. I just realized that I have no idea where my parents live and how to get there once we get to Cleveland. They won't be home from IYC yet when we get there tomorrow night, so I guess we're on our own. Actually, I don't know that for a fact. I'm hoping I can get ahold of one of them tomorrow and find out some more details about when they're going to be where and all that stuff. We'll get it all figured out, I'm sure.

Well, I guess that's it from here. Tomorrow we head to Cleveland, Sunday begins the Presbytery stuff for the guys, then Monday is Fields of the Wood and the Pre-Assembly Rally. And then we're off! To the Assembly, that is. Pretty exciting!!! I'm hoping my mother is coping okay. She's had sooooooooooooo much to do these past few weeks (that WMB cookbook just about did her in, I think! Ha!) and now she's been gone to IYC and will be getting home after her company arrives (do we classify as company?) and we will be in the midst of everything else in no time. Swamped. She's been swamped. I'm sure she'll pull through okay and be able to enjoy the Assembly and hopefully her company, too. ;-) I know they're looking forward to enjoying her and Granddaddy!

By the way, I'm sorry I haven't been commenting on anybody's blog out there. At home I have all of the blog addresses in my favorites folder, so on the laptop I don't know how to find anybody! This dial-up connection is too slow to be able to do much browsing anyway. Tammy did tell me yesterday that Bekah had the baby (Wow! Who knew?!), so I made a point of going to their blog today. It took forever to load the page because of all of the pictures, but it was worth it! What a beautiful baby girl!!! Congratulations, Rebekah!!!

Okay, I'm outta here.

~Becki~

This entry was posted on 9:03 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

5 comments

You mean you just found out!?!?!? I'm so sorry. Maybe I'll call you when you get to your Mom's house before she comes home.

Just thought I should tell you that you can add us to your list of people not able to make it to the assembly this year. :( A couple things came up and it's not going to work out now.

Hey, I tried to call Tammi to get you Mom's number but she had already left for the Assembly. Jacob tried the Shuler's but no one answered either phone. Sorry, but I did try.

Bekah--that's okay! There is no way you can personally notify everybody in the world about a birth, you just have to depend on word of mouth to help. It just so happens that I was out of the loop at the time! In any case, you have a BEAUTIFUL baby girl and I am so happy for you! I look forward to reading the birth story one of these days when I get the chance. :-)

Haley--I am sooooooooooooo sorry!!! Life is just no fair right now, I tell ya'! We will miss you guys terribly. ~sigh~ Next year! EVERYBODY is going to make it next year!!! Right?!