Day 2 -- Friday  

Posted by cokelady

Good, long day today. The kids are sacked out in various locations here in our room in Florence, Kentucky. We got into town at about 9:30, I think, and tried three motels before we found one that actually had a non-smoking room available--and they had just the one, so we nabbed it. It has a nice king size bed (which means James will get the "get on your own side" kick far less than he's used to! Ha!) and a couch, so that lands the boys on the floor. We have their sleeping bags with us though and they love it. We stopped by Dunkin' Donuts (the kids have been dying to try it for weeks now--ever since they first heard of it) and let them eat pick one out, then came back to the room, ordered a pizza, and now they're out cold. Great way to end the day!

The trip today took us through Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville (ooooh, I dislike that place!), Bowling Green, Elizabethtown, Louisville, and beyond. We are currently just south of Cincinnati (sp?), just about 20 miles away from Ken Ham's Creation Museum--the reason we decided to take this route. We'll be going there in the morning and I am sooooooo excited!!! It sure sounds impressive and I'm hoping I don't have my expectations set too high (!), but I think it's going to be very, very cool. I will finally have something to take pictures of--maybe I can get them posted tomorrow night. No promises though. I know better. ;-)

Today was the beginning of the whining in the van, though we mostly just mocked the children rather than fixing their problems. "Mo-om! Joe's not leavin' me alo-one!" Sam says. We didn't solve the delimma satisfactorily, I suppose, because before we knew it he had grabbed a notebook and drawn pictures of Joe in jail. Joe (the one who started drawing people in jail when he was mad at them) didn't appreciate it very much and suggested that Sam receive a spankin' for drawing "mean pictures." Can you imagine?! We told him we thought that was a very good idea and we would start implementing it immediately... the next time he drew such pictures! Ha! Little hypocrite.

The main entertainment of the day was the traditional Slug Bug game, although our family seems to be developing some "traditions" of our own every time we play. If you call a Slug Bug that somebody else has already called, they get to slug you twice. And if you call Slug Bug on a car that turns out not to be a Slug Bug you get slugged twice. Today Sam began making up his own rules. Any time anybody would holler "Slug Bug!" he would quickly yell, "TAKE!" and slug Joe before the rightful owner of the slug had a chance to make use of it! Ha! He continued "stealing" slugs and we finally told Joe that he could slug Sam. You should have heard the whining and crying and complaining from him. "No, Joe! Don't! No, please, Joe--no, Joe!" *slug* "That didn't hurt!!!" he said defiantly. Ha!

We saw a sign today that said "USED COWS FOR SALE." Can somebody explain that to me?! What on earth is a used cow???? I was so confused, but I thought perhaps some strange person from this part of the world might be able to enlighten me. Yes???

Well, that's it for tonight. I want to get to bed at a decent hour--we've got a musuem to go to in the morning! :-) G'night all!

~Becki~

This entry was posted on 9:07 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

Oooh! I wanna go to the museum! It looks AWESOME! We're going to Louisville, Ky end of September to see my brother graduate from basic training, and I want to go oup there for the museum then. Hopefully!

There's a lot about Nashville I like, and a lot I don't like. It's a big city and all that comes with that can be good or bad. I'm a country girl so living there was a thrill at first, then got old really quick. We now live about 30 min. east of there in a MUCH MUCH MUCH smaller town. I like having Nashville at arm's length.

Wow, you are the good one. Blogging while traveling and all.

lol "used cows for sale" That's a new one to me. hee hee

"Used cows for sale"...hmmm...that has me bumfuzzled...I've never heard of sech a thing.

HA! I suppose it would have us equally confused if the sign read, "NEW cows for sale"! Right? LOL!

Dad and I are getting SO excited about having the family come to our home. We can hardly wait!