Prayer, Please!  

Posted by cokelady

So here I am again, after only 2 weeks of not posting anything! Sorry to say this won't be the thrilling update you've all been waiting for. You know, the one describing how disgusted I am over my mother's uncanny ability to win games she doesn't even know how to play... No, that will have to wait. For now, I NEED PRAYER!

I still can't figure out what's going on, but it's been over a week now since I began experiencing pain in my shoulder and neck. I was unable to turn my head for a few days, but the pain has gradually been subsiding, or so I thought. The affected area would change from day to day. It started in my right shoulder, then moved to my neck (for a few days), then my collarbone, and tonight it has decided to rest in my back (at the base of my neck) and shoot down my right arm, sometimes all the way through my forearm and into my hand and fingers. Weird. The pain has seemed to be letting up a little each day and my neck was feeling better and better. But tonight the pain is severe enough in my back and arm that I've tried to sleep, can't, tried a hot pad and then a hot bath, tried again to sleep, still can't, and I now find myself at my computer at 2:00am writing to plead, "Please pray for me!!!" I don't suspect any of you will be reading this in the next few minutes, but whenever you do happen to stumble across this -- please pray! I've had trouble sleeping several nights now (even when the pain would ease up during the days, it would return in the evenings) and I'm SO TIRED of this! I know that Jesus' suffered those stripes for our HEALING and I trust Him to care for me and all of my moving-from-place-to-place ailments. I know this is not nearly so great a need as those of Brad Moore and several others we've been praying for, but please whisper a prayer for me in between the others. I would appreciate it more than you know!

I expect to be posting a testimony of my healing along with all the fun events of the past week just as soon as I can find the time. Assuming I'm physically able, I've got a truckload of laundry to do tomorrow, a few batches of strawberry jam to make, some typing to do for my husband, and some general house cleaning. (Mom and Dad will be heading back to Colorado early in the morning.) Then I'll try to make it back to the computer tomorrow night. As for now, OUCH. Please pray! I'm going to go pray again and give sleep another shot.

Thanks in advnace for your prayers!,
~~ Becki ~~

This entry was posted on 12:38 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

10 comments

Anonymous  

Hi Sister Becki,
I sure can relate to the pain you are describing and I just spent another sleepless night myself from the same thing. Yours is probably a muscle spasm because those will move from place to place because you favor one area and it tenses another. I do believe it will continue to get better but a key is to not overdo by doing all you have on your list. That is the hardest thing I deal with...I have a to do list and I can't cross off half of it! I will most definitely pray with much seriousness over this. This is just as important to the Lord as our prayers going up for Brad. I am absolutely determined for all of our people to see that prayer and only prayer is our answer! I'm so sorry you were going through this while the folks were there. The enemy sure does what he can to dampen the fun of the God's people. But he will lose in the end. I am going to prayer now believing for your total healing!

Hugs & Love from Sis Julie

Anonymous  

I am praying for you and trusting God for your total healing. We know God is able to do the work completly. In His word it says,
" Lord, I believe; help thou my unbelief." Mark 9:24b. We believe in every word of God and we also know how bad we hurt and so does God. He knows when we hurt sometimes it is hard to have that total belief. That is why we pray help my unbelief. I know you and I know you are trusting God to do the work and so am I. I believe that Sis. Julie is right about it being a muscle spasm and one of the best things you can do for that is to ask you wonderful husband to look after the kids and let you just rest and get to feeling better. I wish I could come and take care of the kids for you, but........ You know how far it is. But I would do it for you. It is hard to rest when you hurt but the more you do the more you agravate the muscles. They need time to relax and not work. That is one of the hardest things a mother can do. But sometimes you just have to. You are very special to me and I love you very much. I know we are praying for God to raise Bro. Brad up but you are just as important to God and I know He wants to do this for us (you).
I just had a phone call from Sis, Bonnie and her mother fell night before last and she isn't doing very good. They have taken her to the hospital in Greely and the family has all been called in. We are going to be heading up there when Bro. John gets here. She is not a Christian so pray that we will be able to say something to lead her to a personal relationship with the Saviour.
I know I put this in under anonymous but it is because that is the only way it will let me post it without setting up a blog and I just don't have time to do that right now. Please forgive me for that. So I'll sign it here for you. Love you, ~~Sis. Gaylene~~

It won't let you post under "other"?

Thank you SOOOOO much for the prayers -- all of you. I am feeling much, much better today. THANK THE LORD! The pattern has been for there to be great relief during the daylight hours, then the pain returns in the evening. But I'm hoping and praying that tonight will be different!

I'm carrying my laundry basket on my left hip today (!) and Tammy is coming over to help me with the jam -- I'll have her do the mashing. The typing shouldn't be too strenuous and I think I'm going to skip the ironing entirely today. That's as much as I can possibly cut back on with all there is to do! Again, thank you all for your prayers. I'll be a much better wife and mother and a much more productive person once I get over this!

We will be sure to pray for Sister Bonnie's mother -- her body and her soul. God guide you in your visit with her!

~Becki~

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

If James would just stop pushing you down the stairs things like this wouldn't happen. :) J/K Maybe I shouldn't joke, but whats the harm in laughing...unless that hurts too, which can indeed happen with a back injury. :)
I'll be praying!!

Thanks a bundle, Mandie -- I'm now in more pain than I was before... Not really. Actually, PRAISE THE LORD, I'm feeling MUCH, MUCH better! I'm sooooooo thankful! And thanks to all who prayed for me -- I guess your prayers took. ;) I had very minimal pain last night and slept better than I have in at least a week. I'm feeling great today and trusting that my traveling aches and pains finally got bored and left. Thanks again for the prayers -- God certainly answered them!

Hi Sister Becki,
I just told your mom I hoped you were doing better and that you slept better last night. We put them in their car and I think they should be home within an hour or so now. It's 10:30 here and we just got in. Maybe a little more than an hour....but your Dad thought it was 3 so that was a pleasant surprise to him! It was good to see them if just for a few minutes.
Love ya,
Sis Julie