Pictures... ?  

Posted by cokelady






















Okay, I'm going to see if I'm smart enough to get some pictures on this page. Here goes!

Did it work??? If so (!), this is a picture of my littlest, Sam (on the right) with his most favoritest cousin in the whole world, Caleb. Caleb is 5 and Sam is 2, but for some reason they really seem to click!

The other picture is of Cowboy Joe, our 4 year old. I'll have to post a picture soon of the dearest love of his life: his new "real" guitar -- a brown one with a strap, "JUST LIKE JACOB'S!" (Jacob Shuler is Joe's idol, in case anyone is unaware!)


Okay, so how do you post pictures and figure out where they're going to show up on the page and where your typing is going to be?! What's the trick!!! Somebody help me out and I'll be sure to post some more pictures, but this is dumb having everything thrown sporadically all across the page!

Let's see, what's new... We just got back from Youth Convention in Hatch, New Mexico this weekend. Grace, you and your family were GREATLY missed!!! (Don't pull that on us again!) God blessed us with a really good Convention (yes, in spite of Dustin) and we enjoyed lots of good preaching and singing and praising the Lord. As always, the Spanish people just blessed my soul. I've never known such beautiful, precious, humble people and I thank God regularly that He's placed us in an area to be in fellowship with them! (But if Luis or Hector Banuelos ever heard I said so I'd have to deny it!)

Hhmmm. I know there was something I was going to write about next time I posted (which is now), but I can't think of what it is. Gggrrrr. I hate it when that happens.

We're going into a painting project in the morning. We live in a brick home, but there was an addition put on several years ago and the siding is in desperate need of fresh paint. We intend to paint the trim on the entire house along with the shutters on the front and James' office and the shed in the back... SOMEDAY (hopefully soon!), but we've GOT to get the addition painted before the siding rots away any more. It was 93 degrees here today. Ugh. Tomorrow and the next day are supposed to be the coolest this week, so I'm going to hit it hard and heavy and see if I can't get something accomplished before the agonizing heat returns.

Okay. Pretty boring. My head feels numb. I'm going to go put it in the bed with the rest of me and see if it feels any better tomorrow. Help me out with how to post pictures and captions in a sensible fashion so I can put some more pictures on here, okay?! Thanks!!!

~Becki~

This entry was posted on 10:29 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

8 comments

Sorry, I'm clueless. I push that little mountain button and it takes me to a page so that I can browse for the picture that I want and it has three or four orientations to choose as to how the picture is placed on the page and I pick one. I have no idea how to do the captions. So...hopefully, someone who can explain it simply, will take pity on us and tell us how to do it.

I love the pictures of the boys though. Glad you figured out how to get them on there.

Hey Sis, Great pics! Sister Tammi is right...and you probably already saw the little mountain thing (I hit the html first) and then you pick the orientations like she said. But when I was doing it last week, I would pick left so the pic would be to the left and start typing next to it. Well I think I figured out that it's all in where you put the cursor. It kept jumping back to typing above the picture. But when I put the cursor just at the right spot next to the pic, it worked. I'm just guessing now...still a junior novice here! But it worked for me this morning. That's my 2 cents.

Pictures...
When you are done browsing your computer for the pic... check the CENTER box. It puts the pic in the middle so no text goes beside it. You have to type over or under it. It is too hard to type beside it and it look good... it all depends on the size of the pic. I always click the MEDIUM size box too, before uploading.

When you hit DONE and it puts the pic in your post. Click on the "edit html" tab. It will show you your post with all the codes and stuff. Whenever you upload a pic blogger automatically puts it at the top of your post. You should recognize it... it is about a paragraph in length. I always highlight it and then right click and click CUT. It will delete it from there and then you can paste it anywhere in your post. Hit preview to make sure you got it where you want it.

Blah blah blah... :)

Okay Bec, did you understand any of that? I think that I might have...but who knows what will happen when I try it. Good luck!

Your little cowboy is too cute!

I haven't seen very many pictures of your youngest, one or two....

I would love to see pictures of the area where you live. That's always fun. I'd love to see pictures of your house etc too.

HA! If you think you're going to see pictures of my house, you're a crazy lady! If we EVER pick a paint color we like and actually finish painting this dumb house, I'll take pictures then. I could post some pictures of what we've done on the inside of the house, I suppose... I'll think on that! And I'll try to get some good pictures of the area surrounding Andrews -- it'll be tricky to get GOOD ones, but I'll try! (It's not so easy when you're in a vast wasteland such as this!)

I've been called a crazy lady once...probably more than once actually! Jacob's even told me I'm crazy. Nobody believes him though! lol

I would love to see what you've done to the inside of your house though. I remember when Jacob and I drove to visit Matthew in Texas, I really enjoyed driving through Texas.

You enjoyed driving through Texas??? I think you are the first person I've EVER heard say that! Most people say, "Good grief, it takes 8 days to cross that state!!!"

I'll see what I can find as far as pictures of the inside of the house. They're on file on this computer somewhere...

-- And there's nothing so wrong with being crazy. :P