A Grand & Glorious Feeling!  

Posted by cokelady

I am soooooooo happy!!! Wanna know why?! There are so many reasons, the first of which is that I haven't had a paint brush in my hand ALL DAY LONG! Wa-Hoo!!!!!! That alone is enough to make me want to thow a party. What a relief to be free from that agony for a few days! Although, there are still little pangs to be suffered each time I step foot in the back yard and have to see all three shades of blue that WON'T work... That's right, people, we've now got three buckets of putrid blue paint here at the Horne home. In fairness to those innocent shades of blue, they're actually very nice blues... until you put them on a house. Then they do something similar to what happens to mild-mannered David Banner when he gets upset. "Don't make me angry... you wouldn't like me when I'm angry." (For my Mother's sake, I'll clarify: The Incredible Hulk. Remember???) Anyway...

We set aside the painting because we are already over a week past due on getting our Regional Paper formatted and sent out, lazy loafer that I am. So all else stopped and I got right to work on the paper today. Usually I spend two full days and about half of those nights (up 'til 2:00 or 3:00) to complete the formatting. But here it is, midnight on the very first day, and I'm DONE!!! I feel like doing a victory dance... if only I knew how to dance. (That's the trouble with being a Church of God girl...) Of course, our paper is only half as long as it usually is, so let me give credit to whom credit is due: A great big, hearty THANK YOU to all of you slackers in my Region who failed to send in your local church reports and auxiliary boosts.... *GASP!* Oh nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

NEVERMIND!!!! It's OVER! My feeling of freedom and glee is GONE!!! Sitting right here on my desk -- right in front of me! -- is an auxiliary boost and a church report that I FORGOT to put in the paper!!!!!!! NOW what do I do?! Aaaarrrrgggg!!! Alright. Forget it. Let me plunge back into the depths of despair and go ahead and stay up 'til 2:00 or 3:00 anyway -- that's the norm, so why should it seem so shocking and depressing this time, you may ask? (You may ask...) Because I've been TEASED with the feeling of "Hey, I got it all done so EARLY this time! Wow, this is amazing!" Only to be slapped in the face with two articles that were submitted and therefore have to be printed. *sigh*

This is NOT MY WEEK. I gotta go.

~Bec~

This entry was posted on 11:23 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

10 comments

I'm sure you'll be MUCH relieved to hear that I was able to SQUEEZE those two last articles into the paper and I'm done -- at 1:15am. That's still pretty good, all things considered. Although I still feel I've been robbed of that glorious "by midnight" sensation... Oh well. I'm still thankful!

LOL...You ARE your mother's daughter! You are too funny. I felt every bit as bad for you when I read what happened as I do for her when that stuff happens to her. I am so glad you did get it done. Just think of the heavenly rewards one day! You'll be sitting by the River of Life, remembering the good ole days when you had to fight with the clock. And Jesus will stroll by and say, yes, my child, but you did it for me (big smile). Oh, it will all be worth it. Meantime....I have to be at the rest home service in one hour and I don't have my last scripture...eeekkk....gotta go...bye!

LOL Don't ya hate it when that happens?

Yeah, Grace -- you were one of the good ones. It was an ABM report and a church report from Loveland -- both of which had been sent in on time -- that I managed to overlook. Wanna trade me jobs for a while?! I'd love to go clean houses for a while -- surely I couldn't screw THAT up! (Unless, of course, I dump bleach on the living room carpet... -- I've done that before.)

The kids are here for the watching, lady -- come on over!

Becki, I think you need a vacation. How long until Ladies Retreat??? :) Maybe we should make Ladies Retreat a week long!?!?! Doesn't that sound great! :)

NO. I have to direct it.