At Long Last!  

Posted by cokelady

Well, let's see... where to start? Our visit with Mom and Dad was fantastic, as expected. Jon & Emilee and Company were able to be with us for a few days, so that made things extra exciting! It was SO good to be able to spend some time with Emilee. She's the bestest sister-in-law in the whole world. (Are you reading, Em?) At least, she's MY best sister-in-law. :) And Jon, well, what can I say. He's Jon! We love him in spite of himself!

We took all the kids fishing one day and had a blast. They ALL caught fish, if only little 4"-ers. (Beat that, Mandie! Ha! I didn't even know they made fish that small!) We played lots of games and... ah, yes. The games. I'm sure you'll all be pleased to hear (as if you haven't already) that my Mom is the big winner. I still can't get over it. How can a 50 year old woman with NO CLUE keep on winning?! I've heard of dumb luck, but this goes way beyond that. It's really more like freakish good luck. Her defuct brain seems to be no factor at all, regardless of which game is being played. The chips just always seem to fall in her favor, no matter how oblivious she is to the rules, concepts, or strategies of a game. That woman has more luck than a leprechaun.

We took Katie, Joe and Sam out to fly kites -- their very first time -- on Mom and Dad's last night here. It was so fun! Joe's kite didn't seem to want to soar like the others. It was more interested in doing a rapid corkscrew, then nose-diving into the ground, or whatever person or tree was closest. Not the easiest to fly, but definitely the most entertaining of the three. The kids had SO MUCH FUN with all the family. I wish we could find a way to spend time together more often. It's hard to do when you're splattered across the country, as we are. (I know, I know -- but "splattered" sounded more colorful than "scattered." A little more gruesome, too, now that I think of it...)

My problems are gone! (No snide remarks are necessary, thank you.) My aches and pains have been all but alleviated and I THANK GOD! I was pretty miserable with whatever was going on, but God has had mercy and healed me! PRAISE THE LORD! And thank you for your prayers!

Let's see... that's about it. (You lucky dogs.) We'll be leaving for Youth Convention in the morning, over in Hatch, New Mexico. Dustin Hays is our guest speaker, but we're really looking forward to the Convention anyway. (Ha!) We plan to be home Sunday night, Lord willing. Until then, I'll be BLOGLESS. Oh! Whatever shall I do?!?!?!? Oh wait... I'M not addicted to BLOGGING like SOME pitiful souls who carry their laptop on their hip and seem to have a magnetic draw to the nearest Internet access... I think I'll be okay 'til Sunday. Until then!

~Bec~

This entry was posted on 11:04 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

8 comments

Ha! I'm the first one to make a comment this time!

Becki, All you people from CO are so funny! Glad you guys had such a good time. I would love to come and play a game or two with you AND you mommy. *smile*

Later!

LOL. The saga continues. Who is the happiest blogger, Who is the sorest loser....HEE HEE!
Have fun at convention...Glad to hear the Lord has restored your health...love and prayers...sis katie.

PTL!! Glad you are better!

I have a story about these two girls that might set the record straight. I heard of a camping trip (I do believe) where Becki won a hand of cards and you, Sis. Smith, starting shoving the cards on the floor and in her lap and everywhere else yelling, "I hate you, I hate you", your heart brimming with motherly love I'm sure. Maybe God know that if that happens again your heart will give out or something, and that is why he allows you to win.?.?.? It's a thought anyway.
I've got your back Bec. :)

Like you Momma Smith, I want to "tell the truth to stay in the Church". :) Therefore I felt it was my obligation to set the record straight. The Bible tells us if we know to do good and don't do it we're sinning. :):):):) Acctually, I'm the queen of poor losers and I was just trying to make Becki feel better! :)
I don't remember that Frank. Not that I doubt it's truth, I just have a bad memory. I remember some outrageous games of Spoons though! :)

Wow! Looks like I've been missing a lot of excitement while I've been away! Thanks for helping me out there, Mandie -- you're a true friend. And besides that, you're 100% RIGHT about every detail. I think you've aptly dismissed the suggestion that Mom's winning streak is due to the favor of God. (I'm surprised she wasn't struck down for even saying such a thing!)

And Frank, Jr. -- BLOGGING!!! Who knew?! I do recall being banned from the same team in certain games and the frustration of knowing that we'd be winning big if only we were working together. I thought of you recently while playing Taboo. ~sigh~ The good ole' days! (Glad to hear 'bout the recovery of your unlucky finger!)

Yeah well, I'm still waiting for my miraculous recovery! No fair Frank.
I'll always have your back Becki, unless of course you beat me in a game... j/k It was a little scary to post that sort of story about "Sis. Smith". I don't want to be a false accuser, so I'm glad to hear me details were correct. Whew! :)

Anonymous  

wow what a interesting blog page. Momma smith I am on your side. With you by my side I came in 2nd. wa hoo...... I loved that night. Frank you will still be banned to be w/becki on the same team. Sam is on his way to being banned with Bec also. I will always need Momma to come be with me and defend me. Mandi I am glad you chimed in... what great memories reading what you all are writing. love you all!!!