Swamped!  

Posted by cokelady

That's me. I didn't really know it until I was telling Tammy a little while ago everything I have going on. When I heard it all spoken aloud it kind of freaked me out! Ha!

We've had a good couple of days around here. School has been getting progressively better each day, I think. We actually finished up before 1:00 yesterday. The key, I've discovered, is good attitudes. When everybody has a good attitude and just jumps in and DOES it, we can finish up in no time. When they whine and mope and grumble about the work, it can drag on for hours and hours. I have discovered this little nugget of truth, but I'm still waiting for the kids to catch on!

James has been preparing for the Minister's Meetings coming up. I've been able to help him a little bit with that. I also mailed a few cards this week!!! That may not seem like a very big accomplishment, but I'm the kind of person who thinks "Oh, I should send a thank you card" or "I should call to check on so-and-so" about a thousand times a month... but actually follow through just a few times a year! I am just sooooooo bad about things like that! (I've always said that I wouldn't have any friends at all if everybody was as bad as I am about keeping in touch--I'm just blessed to know people who just keep calling and writing, no matter now bad I am!) Anyway, 5 really cute Coca-Cola cards went out this week. :-) (Thanks again for those cards, Em--they're sooooo great!)

Monday night was my night to transcribe Assembly Minutes. I guess I should say it was my FIRST night. It's amazing how long it takes to do that. Of course, I probably include way too much information, but I just can't seem to do it any other way. What if you leave out something that somebody would consider to be important?! I've been given two sessions to work on and I made it through 3/4 of the first session that night. Finally gave up and made myself go to bed at 1:00AM. I finished up yesterday while the kids were having quiet time. Now I've got my second session to work on! I'd LOVE to get it all done tonight, I just don't know how it'll go. Time will tell!

I had my WMB service this past Sunday, I have Assembly Minutes to get done, I've promised James that I would have the Regional Planning Guide all put together and formatted by the end of this week (so far all I've done is collect what I HOPE is correct information for it!), the deadline for the regional paper is Saturday night (when everybody gets their stuff to me and I start putting it together) and I've got a VLB service this coming Sunday. That's the SWAMPED thing I was talking about. We've got our Minister's Meeting in Colorado next weekend and the southern one the following weekend. We managed to make it to the library yesterday before church, so our only other outing is the horse riding lessons that we'll be going to in about an hour... Then I should be free and clear to STAY HOME the rest of the week and hopefully start knocking some things off of the "to do" list. Strangely, I feel great. I'm the kind of person who really likes to work on one thing at a time and I easily begin feeling overwhelmed when my jobs start to pile up, but I'm not bothered at all right now. God has really been helping me--in sooooo many ways!--lately and I just feel like it'll all get done and fall into place at the right time.

Seems like I had a whole slew of things to blog about, but I can't seem to remember them so it looks like you're getting off easy today. :-) I do have a prayer request though...

My Great-Uncle Lloyd had a massive stroke this morning. I haven't heard any more, but things were looking very, very serious. This is one of my Granddad's brother's (Dad's Dad's brother), everybody's favorite in the family--he's fun and crazy and always the life of the party at the family reunions. He goes to church (Assembly of God, maybe?), but that's about all I know. Please pray for him and for the family. Thank you!

This entry was posted on 2:56 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments