Impromptu Company!  

Posted by cokelady

I fully intended to blog tonight (I mean REALLY blog), but we got a call this evening from Aunt Sue. She and Uncle Jerry were in Santa Fe, on their way home after a camping trip. They would be passing by our way! Wa-Hoo! They got here at about 6:00, I guess, and we've had a really nice evening just visiting. Tomorrow Uncle Jerry wants to ride the Sandia Tram--it's the longest aerial tram in the world--so Aunt Sue and I will stay with the kids and make James go with him. :-) After that, we'll just play it by ear and see what happens next. It's so exciting to have company! Wa-Hoo!!! Although this is the second batch in a row that brought their own sleeping quarters with them... it really makes me wonder! Ha! Anyway, I'll write more when I get a chance.

Just so you know, Sam was much better during school today. I used the diorama idea and Starfall.com, both of which he LOVED. Thank you all for the great ideas!!! Even the bear hunting one! ;-)

This entry was posted on 10:16 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

7 comments

Ya'll just inspired me with an idea for Sam and the other kids... after doing the dioaramas (which is great idea).

Scrapbooks.
Why not cut & paste pix's, construction papers, stickers, etc and let him do scrapbooks about all the things he likes....like SNAKES!...cowboys...indians....makeup own stories.

Not a fancy scrapbook, but staple cardboard and construction paper together. I've also seen one where they used heavy white cloth (hemmed the edges). The kids colored on them and then it was ironed with wax paper to make it set. Staple or sew paper pages in it.

Whew! All my brain cells have now been exhausted. That's all I got.

Ya'll got a tram there!!!!

One day we want to fly into Albequrque (I don't know the spelling) and go to Durango, CO and the surrounding states. Who knows!

Sister Tammy has a great idea too ('course I'm partial to scrapbooking, you know!). But it could definitely be a fun thing for Sam to work on. When Nathan was in first or second grade, he made a book about himself. I ought to see if I can find it and email some pictures to you.

By the way...did that last post always have my name as the title? I never noticed until today. :-)

Woohoo for company! Apparently your recent company has heard about the sleeping arrangements in your home and just thought it easier to bring their own. :-) Too funny!

Yea for Company. Ia m glad they showed up. Tell them hi will you let them know they are missed and to hurry home.

Yes, Emilee, you've been the title all along. You're slipping, girl! ;-)
Sister Tammy W., I'm convinced the ONLY people who can spell Albuquerque are the people who have lived there. Why else would you go to the trouble to learn it? And I'm also certain, there's probably a significant percentage of the population who can't spell it either.

Sister Tammy--More great ideas! Thanks for using those weary little brain cells for the sake of my struggling home school! Ha!

If you ever do fly into Albuquerque remember that you have a place to stop over for the night. Maybe by then our sleeping quarters will be a little more company friendly and you won't have to bring your own cot. Ha!

Em--Yeppers, you were always the title. :-) I would love to see pictures of Nathan's Book About Nathan if you get a chance. Only if it's not a big deal to find it!

Tammy--We've sent our company back to you now. They should be there sometime this afternoon. :-)

Mom--No fair coming to my blog and talking to everybody except me.

;-)

Anonymous  

Hey did you get your floor installed? I have not caught up with your blogging:) Hope it all looks great.
If you have any questions about the floor feel free to ask.

May the Lord bless you and your family,

Kevin Fearer

Yeah, I've got a question about the floor. WOULD YOU PLEASE COME INSTALL IT FOR US?!?!? Ha! We're scheduled to have a guy come and do it for us, but he's booked solid for the next month. We're hoping to find somebody who can get to it a little sooner than that... but who we have confidence will do a good job with it! (I'd rather do it ourselves than pay somebody else to mess it up!)

It's okay though. The floor looks GREAT. In my mind. ;-)

(Thanks for stopping by! I know James goes to your site daily and enjoys the good conversations he finds there.) :-)