I Did It!!!  

Posted by cokelady

I added a blog list!!! I wasn't ever going to do that, but I've seen it on a couple of other blogs lately and I just can't pass up that nifty little feature that actually tells you how recently so-and-so posted something. It means I can go to my very own blog, take one glace and know immediately who the good bloggers are and the bad bloggers! The best blogger (at least for the moment) gets to be at the very top of the list!!! How cool is that?! No more clicking on 15 different blog addresses--I can go to my own blog and know whether you've done anything new or not. Sooooo cool. :-)

But... one of the reasons I've never had a blog list before is the worry that somebody might be offended that they're not on it! Ha! Silly, I know, but it can happen. So, please... if you're a blogger out there somewhere and you didn't make it to my list, it doesn't necessary mean that I don't like you or your blog. It might mean that I'm a dope and just forgot! (Libby, in your case it means that it just wouldn't LET me add your blog! Weird.) The only other reason would be that I had to pare things down a little bit. A mom of three can't spend four hours a day looking through blogs, you know! So I added the blogs that I try to check the most often, either because the people are very close friends of mine, cousins I adore (you know who you are!), people who's writings I especially enjoy... or just people who blog a lot and give me something new to read. ;-) Rest assured, not being on the list doesn't mean I don't come to check on you and your life every now and again. :-)

Today was not exactly the day I had planned on having, but it was extremely productive! As for the new school schedule, Em, I'll have to get back with you once we've actually given it a trial run--we didn't have school today! Ha! We had an accidental trial run on Wednesday, I guess, and it was GREAT, but I want to give it a few more days before I adopt it permanantly. I'll let you know how it goes!

I told James I would help him this morning, then do school with the kids this afternoon. HA. School didn't have a chance. Today was the big clean-out-the-den-and-the-boys'-room day. The catch is... the den and the boys' room is actually a garage. (We'll be finishing it out and turning it INTO a den and bedroom for the boys.) More accurately, it was a garage that was overflowing with stacks and piles of junk and stuff and books and boxes and Granddad's wood and other miscellanious furniture. It's all of the things that never got "moved in" because there's no place to move them. So really the garage has been serving as a storage shed. A really, really catastrophic storage shed. I've climbed up and over and around the boxes--and rummaged through most all of them--looking for things at one point or another, so it was TRASHED out there. Can't very well remodel a garage in that condition now can you?

We worked and worked and worked. It took until mid-afternoon to get all of that stuff sorted through and moved into James' office. (Remember I said that it wouldn't be an office for quite a while?! Now IT'S going to be the storage area until we get the garage finished.) The only things we left in the garage were the couch and a couple of pieces of furniture against one wall and some bookshelves piled high with all of the tools and paint supplies we'll be needing on another. It's AMAZING how all the junk in that 19'x25' room that you could barely walk through all fit into James' little 10'x12' office! Quite nicely, I might add. We're hoping to have the garage all done in the very near future... but we left the bags of Christmas cards within easy access just in case! Ha!

The kids helped a lot, hauling things in their wagon and the wheelbarrow. They worked good and hard, so we'll call it a whole day of P.E. ;-) Actually, this afternoon when all the work was done I told them to just go play. Next thing I knew they had instituted some sort of a "learning club" (I can't remember the cheesy name they came up with for it). Katie was the manager (naturally) and had made up some math pages that Joe had completed and they were on their way to study up on frogs and lizards and write reports about them. It's sooooo perfect! The kids had school, but I got the day off from it! Wa-Hoo! :-)

And that's our day, in a nutshell. James made Frito Pie for lunch today (I was still sorting in the garage) and then, while I was working on a model of our soon-to-be new rooms (!), he made an enchilada casserole for himself and trays with Spaghetti-o's, chips, chunks of watermelon and mint for each kid--and a cup of apple juice. WOWZERS!!! He's been working really, really hard to be a fantastic husband and dad lately. What a great guy!!!

Ah yes, my model. Diagram is really more like it. Once we got the garage emptied out enough that I could see it again instead of just the junk in it (!), the wheels started turning and I couldn't stop trying out all of the possibilities in my head. I measured everything and drew up a scale diagram, then measured the pieces of furniture that I know we'll be using in the room. Gotta make sure you put the wall and door in the proper place to accomodate everything, you know?! It took a long, long time and at least 10 different combinations of couch here, fireplace there, chair over there stuff, but when I finally landed on "IT," I knew it. :-) I AM SO EXCITED!!! ~sigh~ It's going to be so great. Someday, someday. For now my happy little diagram will tide me over. :-)

This entry was posted on 12:01 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

8 comments

Thanks for the blog links. :o)
I like that you went through all that work, now I can just come to your blog and save the time going blog to blog to find out the new and exciting news HA!!! :o) Since you added me does that mean I am a close friend? HA!!!
I am happy for you that the garage is all cleaned out. I know that makes you very happy.

THANK YOU, now I know how to turn those stupid things off (filter Keys"). I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me when typing my sermon outlines, UGH, but you have done a great thing by sharing this WONDERFUL answer to grief for many in this world. THANKS Bro. John for sharing your knowledge with your lovely sister. :)

Hey, what's happened to the pictures? You should have taken a picture of what happens when this "filter" is implemented.

I LOVE that new feature that blogger added with the blog links. It is SOOO nice. Saves so much time. :)

I remember when we were getting ready to turn our garage into more living space. Making those diagrams are so fun. Glad you found the one you like. Extra room is SO NICE!

Tell James that I am SO impressed with his cooking abilities. :D Frito pie sounds good and so does that enchilada casserole. (One day I'll have to get the recipe from you.) Way to go James!

Well, I dikdn't know that Bro. James could cook amazing you learn something everyday, I'm impressed Sis. Becki you trained him well.
Now you need to tell me how you added a blog list I have been wanting to do that myself but i don't know how.

Well I for one am terribly offended and feel rejected that I am not on your list. I can only conclude from your actions that this means you do not want me to be a part of this blog. For that reason I will sign off.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHa

I am so joking! I am making light of the fact if I were to do this now some would say things just like this to me with out a doubt.... I amazes me, you know the "if you don't call them once or twice every day or so" they think you are mad at them type:)
If you don't respond to a email quick enough then they think you are upset at who knows what...HAHAHA
So I hope you got humor from that:0

Well enough of that. I do like that feature that is really neat to see when someone makes a post, that is so cool.

Ok I have to ask what is in a "frito pie" ? I am really curious. It sounds good by name alone.
If you keep talking of food and bake sales, now James cooking you may find some guest at your door:)

Well May the Lord bless hope you all have a great night:)

Tammy--You're welcome!!! Although really, it just took a few minutes to add the links. It wasn't "all that work" at all!

Ray, I'm SO GLAD to have been a help to you! Now you know the secret formula to being delivered from filterkeys. :-) And the pictures will be back soon--don't give up on me!

Rebekah--I know! That "who blogged last" feature is soooooo cool!

You did diagrams, too?! It's the only way to go. I'd hate to put the door in a bad place and never be able to arrange the furniture logically because of it!

I've been telling James a LOT lately how impressed I am with his cooking--just that he's beeing DOING it so much! What a guy!!!

Janis--It is SO EASY to add a blog list! Call me sometime and I'll walk you through it, okay???

Kevin--I just knew there would be some extra sensitive person out there who would be offended because I skipped over them. ~sigh~ I tell ya'. Ha! Actually, the only two guys I had put on the list were my cousins--but as you see, YOU HAVE BEEN ADDED! See there, now wasn't that easy?! One little gripe and you were slapped right on the list! :-) And...

What is Frito Pie? WHAT IS FRITO PIE?!?!? Surely you jest!!! I can't imagine somebody making it through 30 years of life (just a shot in the dark--am I close?!) without Frito Pie. THAT'S JUST WRONG!!! I'll tell you what it is, but only if you promise to try it sometime this week. Your wife will love you for it--it's a quick prep meal for sure! Ha! Okay, here 'tis:

Throw a handful of Frito's in the bottom of a bowl. Spoon over some chili, with or without beans (but the flavor is much better with beans). Our family prefers Hormel, others like a different brand or homemade... but that's more work! Ha! Anyway, top the chili with shredded cheese and *voila* you have Frito Pie! :-) Soooooo fast, sooooo easy, and sooooo good. And only one pot to wash up afterwards. Gotta love that! Let me know if you guys give it a try and how you liked it, okay?!

Or go to Sonic and get the greatest creation ever made....Frito Chili Cheese WRAP!!!
I LOVE those things. Portable goodness! Texas people are raised on Frito Chili Pie!

AH I knew my complaining would help me make the infamous list:) I was truly kidding but thanks!

Hey I have had sonics wrap and it is good .
Now that Frito pie is what I thought it would be and I am now on a mission to make one today or tomorrow I will let you know how it works out. Wow I am so hungry now.

Yes you were very close I am 31 years old....that is so hard to say...:)