Trip Pictures, Part 2  

Posted by cokelady

At long last! Here are some of my Assembly pictures!
We'll start with our all-too-cute General Overseer. :-)

The Baldwin family from Virginia--remember that beautiful song they sang?! "That's When God Wants to Hear You Sing"

The Banuelos/Soto's. :-) Don't worry, Tayde--your song was beautiful. And I knew it was in Spanish! Ha! ;-)

Some shots of the prayer line on Friday night...





It was a glorious Assembly! With shouting...

Running...

Praising...

And dancing... whoops. The "dancing" picture somehow disappeared on me! Oh well. I love this next picture just because of all the Church flags--it's beautiful!

Brother Johnny Wilson being ordained as a deacon

And Chris Clarkson being ordained a bishop

I thought I'd add some pictures for some people I know will find them here! Sister Tammy (F.), these are for you! Some of the Antioch tears following the appointments. It's heartbreaking and exciting all at the same time!



These next ones are for the VanDeventers. You'll never believe this, but Mary VanDeventer is a blog frequenter! ~gasp!~ Are you in shock?! I keep telling her she should start her own blog--wouldn't that be neat??? Anyway, these are for you, Sister Mary!

This is Persephanie testifying in front of the whole General Assembly! (I couldn't get a picture with decent color, so this is the best I've got. Still, there's a certain glow to her face, hu?! This is the night she and Sister Julie joined the Church.) :-)

Soooooo many prayers... being answered!!!

What a great looking crowd! (Thanks again for dinner, Brother V!)

This is for you, Cindi! (Grace, I don't know how often Cindi stops by here, so would you let her know there's a picture waiting for her? Thanks!) It was a pretty special night for this girl, too! :-)

Here are a few pictures of the children's presentation. (Great job, Wantuloks!) I had to post this one because of the kid in front, second from the left. HA! Cracks me up! Does anybody know who #419 is???

Here are Cainan and Naomi, cute as always but looking to have just barely more fun than #419.

Had to post this one 'cuz Malachi is so stinkin' cute in that hat.

Have you ever wondered what goes on in the General Overseer's room in between sessions? Jumping Jack lessons, of course!

This can't be appreciated without an explanation. You've seen the signs at the Assembly designating where certain people are supposed to sit--Field Secretary, Overseers, Clerks, etc. Well, Sister Gayle had made one up for Brother Werkheiser and it was placed on the second row, I believe. It's hard to remember where it was to start with because it got moved around so much! Every time Brother Kevin would come to sit down his "reserved" sign had been picked up and moved some place else and there was a person sitting where the sign once was. Ha! It didn't do him much good, but it sure was fun to watch. It became quite a joke and some clever person finally thought to move the sign to the balcony directly above his original seat. ;-)

I add the following pictures to illustrate just how hard the Assembly is on kids. And to show everybody a picture of Brian O'Dell carrying a little pink purse. ;-)





And last but not least, here are some of our regional VLB dudes. :-)

~Whew!~ Glad that's over with! Now, it's no fair just enjoying the pictures without taking the time to read the post just below. Or at least skim over it. I'll settle for "scrolling past," if you'd like. Just know it's there if you're interested in caterpillars or witches, or if you're just plain bored. :-)

Next up: Post Assembly Pictures!

This entry was posted on 11:03 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

11 comments

Really great pictures!!! No, REALLY! They are SO GOOD!!! And Brian looks adorable with his little pink purse. ;-p And did you notice how GREY Brother Werkheiser's hair looks in that photo? HA!

SUPER GREAT Pictures!!!! Thank you sooooooooo much for the Antioch pics. And you are exactly right....heart breaking and exciting all in one.

My mom just said to me AGAIN last night..."Isn't this just weird"? And I said, "yes & no".

I KNOW God is gonna bless their faithfulness and willingness. I'm so proud of my parents!!!!

Becki that was really fun. Great Commentary. Really great pictures. The Church as a whole is really exciting right now. The Campells and the Odells will do great in their new appointments. Change is sad, but when God is involved it is SO great and such a blessing to all involved.
Love the prayer pictures, all of them are really great.
Oh #419 I think that is Joe and Karen Hills boy.

You truly got some awesome pictures. I love the one of Joe standing/collapsed on the bed and it was truly hilarious when Brother Werkheiser found his reserved seating sign up on the balcony. Of course, your colorful commentary along with the pictures is always great. Ever thought of being a roving reporter?

Thanks so much for sharing! We've waited soooooo long, but it was worth it!

Yup, #419 is Hunter Hill, their middle boy. He CRACKS me up!

Anonymous  

Really enjoyed the pictures thanks for posting them.
Yes Brian with a purse is a sight for sure:)
Hope all is well, may the Lord bless you,

Kevin M. Fearer

You have some fantastic pictures! Thanks for sharing!!!!

I'm shocked at the revelation about Sister Mary. ~gasp~ She should definitely start her own.
:-)

I will echo the comments of all else. The mammarazzi have outdone theirselves again. Look out bros and sis's you never know where a camera may be lurking. Really, great pics. It is almost like being there and my heart swells looking at them. Thanks for sharing.

Is that house all done now?

WOW!!! 8 comments and none of them are my own! You guys did so good you deserve a response. Ha!

Mom -- You're right. Brother W. sure is looking his age. And beyond. ;-)

Sister Tammy -- Your Mom's right! It's going to be weird for a long time. Seems kind of like a dream. But you're right, too. It's not weird at all, just RIGHT. :-)

Tammy -- I love it that somebody as bubbly as Karen Hill has a kid who can look so totally glum! Ha! That's soooooo funny!

Sister Tammi -- I got a bang out of Joe standing/fallen on the bed, too. No, I've never thought of being a reporter. I have to be in the mood to write, otherwise I stare at the screen for hours and nothing appears there!

Rachel -- So good to see you (even briefly) at the Assembly. Thanks for finding me! And I'm glad the pictures were worth the wait. I liked 'em. :-)

Kevin -- You're welcome! I'm so glad everyone enjoyed the picture of Overseer O'Dell and the little pink purse. I thought it might be popular.

Emilee -- Wow! She lives! You are a BAD, BAD, BAD BLOGGER!!! SHAME ON YOU! You should look at the little calendar on your blog and see how few times you've posted this month. SLACKER! Anyway, it's true about Sister Mary--just ask her. Maybe you and Haley could work her over real good and get her to join the ranks. I would love to read about the daily happenings in the lives of a gracious lady like Mary VanDeventer! (It might even do me well! Ha!)

Jason -- It's true; the cameras are EVERYWHERE anymore. Really, it's kind of tacky. But I'd rather be tacky and have the terrific pictures than to be tasteful and do without! Ha! And NOOOOOOOO, the house is not done. If you were within reach I'd slap you for asking such a question. Creep.

I guessed I commented on the wrong post to warrant a response. :-(

Ha! Sorry 'bout that, Amy! This post got so much attention I forgot about the other one. But HEY, this means I got NINE comments on this post (plus my own two) so maybe it's a good thing!

(I went and commented on your comment, just so you know.) ;-)