Liar  

Posted by cokelady

That's me. I said I was gonna blog. I fully intended to blog. But I'm not blogging!!! It's always hard to make time for that during the Assembly, but last year I was able to make myself do it. This year its much more difficult because I know that everything is on the Web! I think it's FANTASTIC that we have that available this year--how exciting!!! But it means that people don't need to blogs to keep them updated. They can watch for themselves and see and feel everything that's happening. And that's much, much better than a blog. Besides, I know others are blogging and doing a fine job of it. :-)

Fields of the Wood was terrific and terrible all rolled into one. The service was really, really neat--and it was SO COOL when Dwayne Anders had the airplane fly over during his devotional. But it was sooooo miserably hot! It's really, really bad when you're sitting perfectly still under the shade of an umbrella and the sweat is still just rolling down your legs. GROSS. I love Fields of the Wood and I thoroughly enjoyed the service. But the moment it was all over I was ready to blow that joint! Ha!

We had time to get a nap that afternoon, which was GREAT. And then the Assembly started last night. ~sigh~ And now I'm too tired to tell you about it! Ha! So for now I'll just say that it was great, followed by a great day today. God's so good and I just keep feeling more and more blessed to be in The Church of God. Sometimes it just overwhelms me. I just don't deserve to be a part of all of this and I'm sooooo grateful. There is so much love in God's Church. Brother Byers preached about the "fellowship of the mystery" tonight and spoke about that LOVE among us--that we all need to have one heart beat, in perfect unity and to love one another as Christ loves the Church. Good, good stuff. But that's it for now. I need to get to bed so I'll be alert enough to know what goes on tomorrow. We're missing all of you who aren't here. Keep praying for us and keep watching! :-)

This entry was posted on 9:18 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

We got to watch the WMB service part tonight for our WMB service. It was neat to be able to do that. I don't think I will be watching much more of it. The one computer that we could watch it on is in J's office. So, that kinda rules it out for me. Glad to hear God is blessing you all. :D

You're right, Becki...it's so great to be able to watch the Assembly and not have to rely on you guys so much. Jon is really not good about keeping me up to speed so the webcast has been terrific. I feel like I get to be a part of what's going on, but don't have to deal with cranky kids. Well, at least not in that setting! :-)

it was great to see you at the Assembly!