On the Road Again  

Posted by cokelady

Just can’t wait to get on the road again… Traveling gets rather tiresome after a while, but we’re all coping amazingly well.

I haven’t blogged in the last… week? That’s because we’ve been at Mom & Dad’s house. I don’t get much time with Mom & Dad anymore and I’m not about to spend my time on a computer when I could be spending time with them! We’ve had a great time.

The last few days in Pennsylvania went well, but I can’t remember much about them now. I know the kids spent lots of time outside with their grandparents, mostly “up the hill” at Grandpa’s barn building houses and riding bikes. They always spend so much time outside there—there’s just so much room to run and play. It’s great!

We went to cousin Steve’s house for our usual “singing” and even managed to talk James’ folks into going with us, which was fun. We had some visitors and did some visiting and a little extra visiting one day when we were looking for the dumb dog. Did I already blog about that?! It’s been so long I can’t remember! (And we’re on I-20 headed west through Mississippi right now—I can’t get on the Internet to check my blog.) Anyway, at least we had some adventure while we were in Pennsylvania. And we found the dog. Again. I always pray so hard God will help us find him and keep him safe and all that, and then when we do get him back I feel like killing him!!! He tried to run away the next day, too. I saw him take off at his usual breakneck speed and I flew out the door and gave my fiercest you-get-back-here scream and it actually worked. He stopped cold and looked at me, the dropped his ears and tail and started slinking back to the house. A major victory for me, I assure you. Maybe in another year or two he’ll quit trying to exert his independence altogether.

We loaded up the van and headed for Cleveland on Sunday. I hate it that we were traveling on back-to-back Sundays instead of in church, but James just can’t bear to go to his “home” church anymore. They’re not with The Church of God and the changes and compromises that have taken place there are half heartbreaking and half disgusting and James just can’t take it. So we left that morning to head south.

We got to Mom & Dad’s house at about 9:00 that night, I think, and we had a really great time there this week. I can’t give you a daily play-by-play because I simply can’t remember all of the details. But I know that the kids went boating in the pond with Granddaddy a couple of times and shooting the bb gun and other such things. Mom whipped out three desperately needed skirts for Katie this week (THANK YOU, MOM!!!), so that was great. Mom and I managed to find time to put together three puzzles this week, so that was fantastic! We played a few games, too, and even talked the guys into playing with us one night. Balderdash again. My Mom hates that game, but somehow she managed to win! It was fun, in spite of that fact. ;-)

Hhmmm. I’m blank. That’s all I can think of! We enjoyed church at Zion Hill on Wednesday night. It’s always such a blessing to be in service again after being away from church for a little while. I feel like I just soak it all up and go away feeling sooooo renewed. It was a good service with good worship, good prayer, and a good “I’m not going to preach tonight” thing by Brother Carter. :-) Afterwards we went over to pray for Sister Gayle, who has been very, very sick for quite a while now. Please remember to pray for her—she really needs the Lord to touch and heal her and renew her strength.

We took Mom & Dad out to eat for their Anniversary (which was actually before we got to Tennessee) and Brother Carter, Brother Dupre, and Grayson Kent went with us. We had a good time there, then Dad and James went to visit Brother Covey while Mom and I took the kids to the Bath & Body Works sale and then to Hobby Lobby.

We met up with the men again and James and I went to find a fax machine so we could fax some paperwork to our realtor to put an offer in on House #3! That’s right, we’re taking aim a third time. We’ve made a very low offer on the log cabin that needs lots of work and are praying for God’s will. If He wants us there, I would LOVE to make that house into a home (it would be sooooooo much fun, even though it needs a ton of work). If that’s not what He wants, I’m completely fine with that, too. There are pros and cons to every house you look at and all I’m really concerned with is God’s will. We are supposed to hear something back about that house in the next 2 or 3 hours. The folks may just laugh at our offer that’s soooooo much lower than what they’re asking, they may counter offer, or they may just say, “Sure! Why not!!!” God knows best, so we’re just taking it one step at a time and we’ll see what happens.

Right now we are somewhere near Vicksburg, I think. The plan is to make it into Texas tonight, as close to Dallas as we can get, but if we can just get across the border we’ve done pretty well. We’ll make it back to Andrews tomorrow night and stay with Aunt Sue. Then we’ll be able to be in Church there on Sunday and take care of our last business in town on Monday. Then we’ll head for Albuquerque on Tuesday or Wednesday and move into an extended stay motel. I probably won’t have a chance to blog again between now and then, but you never know. I’ve never played around with the Internet connection at Aunt Sue’s house. Anyway, that’s the latest from here! Hope all is well out there and having a great 2008! More later…

~Becki~

P.S. – Made it to Terrel, Texas, about 30 miles east of Dallas. We’re tucked away in our Motel 6 and although I can see the great big La Quinta sign right outside my window we’re just far enough away that we can’t get a good Internet connection. Oh well. I’m going to go take a bath (another Motel 6 with a tub!) and read for a while. I never take the time to do that. –OH! We heard back about House #3. The guy didn’t exactly sound like a “motivated seller” like his realtor had indicated. I’m so tired of hearing the term “motivated seller.” Anybody who puts his house on the market is a motivated seller—they’d all like to sell their houses. What we need is a desperate seller! One who’s actually willing to negotiate the price a little bit, you know?! Anyway, we’re still praying and we may make a counter offer to this guy’s counter offer tomorrow. Keep praying! :-)

This entry was posted on 7:55 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

Alright another post. Becki I always love reading your blogs, and I have missed your funny stories and everything else you talk about.

So...did you counter? Did he counter your counter? Glad to finally hear from you again and so glad that Hershey dog finally learned to listen to your shrill scream to STOP! Sounds like you guys have had a wonderful time, but in spite of that, I know that you will all be very happy to get settled somewhere...anywhere once again. We're praying for ya. In the meantime though...isn't it nice to just be content to wait on God?!

Terel, Texas! Cool! My husband and his family used to go to the COGOP there years ago. Marty Martinez was their pastor.

Oh no...PLEASE don't tell me that I'm going to have to deal with Blue running away from home AND not knowing his name! :o) Glad to hear from you again, I can only imagine how hectic it's been. Still praying for you and the family. And it was so good to see you while you were in Clevagas! :o)