At Long Last!!!  

Posted by cokelady

I wouldn't want anyone to to damage their fists (or any tables), so I thought I'd take the time to post some pictures of our new house. ;-) Of course, it's not truly OURS yet--as is evidenced by some of the things that will be changed in short order once it truly becomes ours. You'll see what I mean. ;-) These aren't an any particular order, as you'll see, mostly because I really don't have the time to THINK about putting them in order. So I'll just explain as we go.

This is a strange picture to start with, but it just sort of ended up at the top! This, obviously, is the kitchen and beyond that is the laundry room and the door leading to the garage. The brick linoleum is torn up from the BIG dogs the guy has, and we're hoping to replace it with wood floors at some point.

This was taken from the front door. As you can see, we have a living room/dining room/kitchen combo thing going on--one of those "great rooms."
This is that crazy master bathroom I told you about--great big open floor space, and a little, itty-bitty sink over in the corner! Ha! The tile is actually green. The beige tiles have a leaf design on them. It's not what I would have chosen, but it'll work great with our "woodsy" decor. Besides, the guy just laid it about 2 weeks ago! (The owner is a floor and tile man.)
And here's the mondo tub in there. Crazy, hu?! At least we can give the kids swimming lessons. Ha!
This is something a little different, too. There is a wood stove in the master bedroom!
HA! And check out THIS room! This is going to be the kids' room. Once we get the garage finished out into more living space, this will be just Katie's room. I'm sure you've guessed that this room will probably be our very FIRST project once we move into the house! Ha! Can you believe that paint job?! I don't think so!!!
This is the wood stove in the living room...
This is the owner showing the kids his collections of arrow heads and such things that he has found there on the property. Like I said, he's a very colorful character! But such a nice guy...
James wanted to be sure that I posted the view from the front porch, so here are two...

This is the cute little shed that will eventually be James' office. The covered porch area will be converted into additional space and I think it'll be close to the same size office he had in Andrews. I think we're going to take that great door (it's actually one of those doors that opens on the top AND the bottom) and use it as the door to the boys' bedroom. Won't that be a cool entrance into the cowboy room?! Makes me smile just thinking about it. :-)
There's no such thing as a GOOD picture of the front of the house. That's because the land goes downhill in front and there's not enough flat space to stand and take a picture of the whole thing at once! But here are a few... The sun face on the side of the house is the first thing to go (I hate those things!)--along with that wire fencing stuff. The guy just had it there to discourage his monster dogs from tromping around where he was going to grow some grass. I don't think Hershey will do much damage to the grass. ;-)

And that's about it! For now, of course. I'll be sure to take before and after pictures of each room as we make it our own. I do this primarily for the sake of Jason Mullins, who seems to enjoy the HGTV type posts. ;-)

Well, I think that's all for now. Keep praying for the church here. (Thank you soooooo much, Sister Angie! What a blessing!) It's been a crazy day today, but we're feeling very encouraged and we know that God is working. How wonderful! Have a great night!!!

~Becki~

This entry was posted on 3:44 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

7 comments

I like it, and you will really make it look really beautiful.

You will have so much fun making it your own. Nice house.

The house looks nice and has lots of potential. I can't believe how small your kitchen is. It looks like a galley on a ship. Can't wait to see what you guys do with the place! Oh, and I think you ought to leave the crazy blue and pink room...it's just so creative! :-) Think of the time they spent painting that perfect circle. HA!

Actually...the crazy paint job room, looks like it was painted pretty well. too bad its crraaaazy colors. :)

That house has a lot of potential, I agree with Emilee. I have always loved log houses, and this one is very mountaineeish/new mexicoish/log cabinish. Hows that for a combo. I really like it!!

What a fun looking house! I love your view.

Anonymous  

hey cokelady. do you think you could email me at missalaeneous85@msn.com ? I have a question to ask.
~Alaena W~

I LOVE the house! Wow! It makes me want to come for a vacation!

God has sure blessed your family. I'm happy for you. I'm glad to see that you all have so many adventures together.