HOME!!!  

Posted by cokelady

Home! Home! Home! My very own home!!! We made it!!! Wa-Hoo!!! We've been gone for... let me add it up... 23 days. We initially thought it would be 25, so somehow we cut out a couple of days somewhere. That's fine with me! I had a wonderful time in Pennsylvania and a wonderful time at the Assembly and a wonderful time at my folks house... and now I'm HOME, at long last! ~sigh~ I couldn't be happier. Yes, I could. Do you know how depressing it is to get home and walk through the door and enter a room of perfect calm and silence??? No poodle jumping and yipping and wagging and welcoming you with all his might?! We get Hershey back tomorrow. :-)
You'll never believe this. I'm still in amazement myself. We got home at about 6:00 tonight. We promptly unloaded the van (took quite some time to gather up all the junk and trash and toys--oooooh, I hate this part of a trip!), then I vacuumed the whole thing out. ~sigh~ That feels better.
Of course, that meant that all of the contents of a three and a half week trip fell into various piles throughout my used-to-be-perfectly-clean living room. You'd be amazed at how well organized I am at the onset of a trip. And at how completely chaotic everything has become by the end! Besides all of the crazy stuff you accumulate along the journey. Good grief! Anyway...
We ordered a pizza and got the kid-o's fed while we kept working away, me on the house and James on the mail. He's been going nuts thinking about all of the bills that have been piling up and he's been unable to pay. (I kid you not--he usually gets a bill in the mail, immediately goes to the office, writes the check and plops it right back in the mailbox--or sometimes even gets in the car and drives to a drop box so it will be picked up that very night! Is that insane or what?! Ha!) The kids played outside for a while, but finally gave up due to the huge bees and wasps that have suddenly overtaken our back yard. Ah yes, and our flowers are looking pretty rough! Three weeks in west Texas without constant nurturing is just too much! They look far better than the garden, though. We lost everything in the garden except maybe a few small carrots. Everything else looks completely dead with no hope of recovery. ~sigh~ So sad.
As I was saying, I got everything sorted through tonight. Everything!!! That can't possibly mean anything to you since you didn't see what I was dealing with, but I assure you it is nothing short of miraculous. I got all of the suitcases unpacked, the hanging clothes sorted through and put away, found all of the dirty clothes as well as the clothes that will just need to be ironed, sorted through all of the toys and junk to go to the office and to the toy room, got all the bathroom stuff unpacked and put away, and sorted through a mountain of clothes from Ashely Werkheiser for Katie. (What a blessing!!!) I picked out everything I thought we will be able to use and pulled aside the other stuff to pass along to some other church girl who might be able to get some use out of them. I also got all of James' and my stuff completely unpacked and put away, and took the piles of everything else to the rooms where they rightly belong.
So now my living room is perfectly clean again!!! Of course, that really just means that every other room in the house now has it's own individual mountain of stuff to be put away, but at least it all made it to the proper room! That's a great start for me!!! (It usually takes me a day or two to make it that far after a trip like this! Ha!) I did all that and even lived to blog about it. ;-) I also downloaded all 577 pictures from my camera and sorted through 378 e-mails. And now it's midnight and I am totally wiped out!!! But it feels great to have accomplished so much on our very first night home. I'm sure I'll sleep GREAT in my very own bed in my very own room in my very own house tonight. ~sigh~ Life is Grand. :-)
I'm outta here. Lots more to be done in the next few days. Whenever I get a chance (???) I'll start posting some pictures from the trip. Hope all is well out there--I intened to start visiting the blogs again one of these days, too!
~Becki~

This entry was posted on 10:47 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

11 comments

Wow Bek! Good for you! And you even posted. I'm throughly impressed. :)

Ummmm, I'm wondering which room MY stuff ended up in? I'm assuming you took the couple of blouses that were hanging on the rod in my office? The rod is now completely empty. There used to be a white turtleneck and a blue peachskin blouse hanging there. Maybe something else, but that's all I can remember at the moment. They've been hanging there for weeks and now they're gone. I'm assuming they got scooped up with all of your stuff that was hanging there? --Anyway, I stand (or sit) astonished and amazed at your accomplishments!

YOUR stuff is laying neatly on my desk right now, Mother. What can I say? How 'bout, "Oopsie"?! I really am sooooo sorry. I intended to mail them back to you tomorrow in hopes that they would arrive at your house before you had a chance to miss them. Apparently I'm too late. But you can't be incredibly desperate for them if they've been hanging on that rack for WEEKS, right?! James said to tell you I'd just bring them to you when you come for Ladies' Retreat. ;-)

There's no need in spending $$$ to mail them. You're right--I'm not too desperate for them. The reason they haven't been used, however, is because they're too hot to wear in the summer. By time I come to Ladies' Retreat in November I'll be ready for them again. Meanwhile, I'm still sweating in this heat and humidity.

P.S.--If you decide to mail them, just send the bill to Jon. He prefers spending money to mail stuff over transporting it for free. ;-)

Hey Becki, I was wondering if you got Tabitha's birth story. I know I did forget to attach it a few times when I mailed it out. Opps! :P Just let me know either way. Thanks.

Tag! You're it!

Read my "Let's play a game!" post to find out what you're supposed to do!

Anonymous  

Sis. Becki,
I do not know if this will post or not, but I will attempt it anyhow. You made me feel exhausted after reading your post. I felt tired after returning home too. It took me several days to unpack, so kudos to you!! I drove through the night (arrived at 4 a.m.)to get Danielle and Connor to Tallahassee. An update on her Poppa. They went in to operate on the anurism behind his eye (the life threating one) only to find it was so small they could not operate on it!! God not only healed him, but Poppa gave his heart to the Lord too!! That was was worth it all!! Please pass the word along since they requested prayer for him at the Assembly. Stephen said there is a big difference in him. Praise the Lord!! Anyhow, I saw your name on Sis. Tammi Adams' blog and followed your link!! I love your background!! Talk to you later.

Anonymous  

Sorry, I think you know who this is, but realized I forgot to sign it.
~Sis. Cyndi Brown

Hey look--a new commenter! Welcome, Sister Cyndi!!!

What great news about Danielle's Poppa! PRAISE THE LORD! The healing was exciting, but the salvation far exceeds it--God is just sooooooooo good. Thanks for letting us all know the good news!

BY THE WAY... apparently it's just too hard to blog while I'm at home, so I'll try to pick it up while we're on the road again this weekend! We'll be leaving in a few hours to head over to Albuquerque. We'll be in service there tomorrow and plan to set The Church of God in order! PRAISE GOD! Please be in prayer for the folks there and for a good, productive trip. We're so excited!!!

Good to hear about Albuquerque. We will be praying that everything goes well.

God bless,