So What???  

Posted by cokelady

I decided I was going to slap a new post up here, but when I tried to pull up my Blogger account something went awry. (Is that spelled right?! What a crazy way to spell a word...) There was a short man with dark sunglasses, slick hair, and a suspicious lump on the left side of his pinstriped suit. "Hand it over, lady, and nobody gets hurt," he said. "Huh???" was my intimidating reply. "Your password. The boss wants your password and Google information and he wants it now. And don't try anything clever, lady. Just work with me and we'll have you on your way."

So here I am, signed up with the New Blogger, whatever that is. So my question is... so what??? What is the difference? How exactly is this different or improved from what I had before? There seems to be a little more jibberish on my dashboard page, but otherwise it looks eerily familiar. So the stick-up was... for practically nothing??? I was forced to switch over... why??? No matter. I'm here now. Hope you all can find me and don't have any trouble making it past the bodyguards. Dumb.

The reason I was going to post initially, was to report what a great husband I have. (I get distracted easily, thus all of the above.) I just got to feeling rather guilty, reading everybody else blogs about how great their husbands are or what they did for Valentine's Day. Didn't want mine to feel taken for granted (not that he has time to read the blogs anymore, but just in case...), so I figured it was only fair to let the world know that my husband isn't so bad either. ;-)

Our 7th Anniversary was on February 5th. Boy, does time fly!!! God's been sooooooo good to us and when I stop to really think about it, it's nothing less than miraculous that we are where we are today. I know that sounds pretty dramatic, but you have no idea! God is sooooo good and I'm sooooo thankful to have such a good husband, one who loves me and loves our kids and, most of all, loves God.

I made out with a dozen red roses and a box of chocolates for our Anniversary. I wrote a poem for James. (I'm hard pressed to get out shopping nowadays!) On Valentine's day he came home with three more roses (the yellow and pink ones that are so pretty) in a nice vase with baby's breath. I wasn't feeling very well that night and fed the kids hot dogs for dinner. I was giving Katie a bath and had just started rinsing the shampoo out of her hair when James called for me. I thought he must be wanting help with the latest Sam catastrophe, whatever it might be, but when I came to see what he needed, he was waiting for me at the kitchen table. He had cooked a homemade Italian dinner for me, complete with candlelight! WOW!!! I don't know if it was ziti or penne, but it was really good. And so very thoughtful!!! Of course, Katie was still in the tub getting chillier by the minute and the boys were in and out of the kitchen a dozen times or more asking the usual kid questions. ("What are you doing?... Why?... How come we're not eating, too?... Is it good?... Can I try a bite?... How long until it's time for our bath?... Katie's been in the tub for a long time, do we get to stay in that long?...) This is romantic as it gets when you've got kids, I guess, so I'll settle for it. ;-)

Then a few days ago when Tammy was keeping the kids for me I decided to go on over to Midland so I could actually look around at Mardel. The kids have always been with me before and there's not the liberty to spend the time I'd like to spend combing through the whole place front to back. I went to Hobby Lobby first, just for the fun of it. Then spent the longest time at Mardel. I met James' boss--seems like a really nice guy. I had been there for an hour or more and James said, "Hey, why don't you just stick around until I get off and we can go out for dinner!" It was almost an hour until he would be getting off, but it was worth the wait! We went to a nice steakhouse and split a ribeye and a half rack of baby back ribs. Yum!!! And it was so nice for just the two of us to go. Rarely happens, you know. One of these days we're planning to leave the kids with Tammy (she's the absolute bestest!) and drive over to Carlsbad Caverns. But even if that never works out, it's been a great Anniversary/Valentine's celebration around here!

That's it. Seems like there's so much more to talk about, but I'm sooooo tired and having a hard time getting my brain to work with me. I've done all I know to coax it into remembering what was on my mind earlier, but to no avail. Just as well. I'm reaching the "this post is long enough!" stage already.

Until next time...

~Becki~

This entry was posted on 1:16 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

Oh, now your making me feel guilty. I'm going to have to write something up for Valentines day. ....uh, I'll do it later... :)

That was funny about your romantic dinner, but isn't that true with kids. lol! It was the thought that counts. Good job James!

OK, OK, you two. I guess I'll have to post something about my husband now. Ummm, I'll do it later, too. Man ... makin' me feel all guilty and stuff.

:-) tee hee

But I must say, I ordered a half-rack of baby back ribs at the restaurant we went to for V-day and they were NOT cooked right at all. Grrrr... And I never splurge like that but I did this time and it wasn't even a little bit good. Isn't that just like the way things go sometimes? Grrrr....

Well, I too was hijacked by the blogger bandits. It was very alarming. All along they have pretened as if there would be options old blogger and new blogger. Then one day they just force it on you. I know how you feel. But, I found you just as easily as before. I, too, see no improvement worth making me remember a new password. I hope you are reading this blogger people!!!

Hey, you slacker! What's the big deal? Get busy and get posting!