Been a While!  

Posted by cokelady

How come it's not as easy to blog as it used to be? I post something on my page and then look up and *wham-o* it's been almost a week. How did that happen?! And with so many fantastically entertaining things to write about!!!

Okay, so that last line was a little bit of a tease. I actually can't think of anything great to write about, which is probably why it's been nearly a week since the last post. No inspiration. Mom called this morning and asked if I'd whip up a poem for an old friend of ours whose birthday is today and who they'll be seeing tonight. It's so hard to come up with anything worthwhile unless you're really in the mood and feeling it, you know? I can't just sit down and write. I have to be inspired. My greatest source of inspiration usually comes in the form of a certain Williams over in North Carolina. As soon as I see him--or even just hear of him--I begin to wax poetic...in a rather sadistic sort of a way. Oh, but what fun it is!

Let's see, what's been going on around here... Our visitors were back on Sunday and then again last night. Praise the Lord!!! PLEASE pray for Kenneth and Clovis--we want to see them won to the Lord and to The Church of God! Also, I have a distant cousin (my Dad's cousin's son, if you can figure out what that makes him to me) who lives here in Andrews and my Aunt Sue has been in contact with him a little bit lately, even been babysitting his little girl this week. We're praying for God to make this into an open door and perhaps see this family start to come to church as well.

I got new glasses this week. Dumb ones. I always think I do well... until I go pick them up. I put them on and gasp, "What was I thinking?!" No, it's really not that bad, but they're pretty dumb. I'd just like to know how you're supposed to pick out decent frames. You take your real glasses off (the ones that actually enable you to see), put on the trial frames with normal lenses (that are always so smudged up it looks like somebody set off a smoke bomb in the building), then lean in until you're 6" from the mirror to try to see yourself clearly enough to know if the frames look good or not--like you'll really be able to tell that close up. Who set it up that way, anyhow?! Dumb. Anyway, I have knew glasses (dorky though they may be) and they--for the time being--are free from scratches and pits, so I'm a happy camper. :-)

I've been working on the regional paper this week, as well as the WMB boost I gave at Church last night. I think I've got the paper all finished now. I need to proof it one more time before we begin printing. I'm always so burnt out with it after staring at it for all those hours, I just dread having to read through the whole thing again. Isn't there anything else around here I can read instead?!

The kids are well. I guess. Sam has been a constant source of amusement this week. I made brownies a few days ago and was letting Katie and Sam polish off the batter that was left in the bowl. Sam was being a creep and not wanting to share with Kate, so I set him down from the table and told him he was done--"If you're not going to be nice, you're not going to have any." He pondered the brownies that were presently baking in the oven, then said, "Mom, when it's brownie time I'm gonna be good." Then, after a pause, "...I think." I cracked up. At least he knows himself well enough to assume that there's a great probability that he won't be good after all. Made me think of Romans, chapter 7 (is that where it is?) where Paul was talking about his pre-sanctification troubles. "That that I would not, that I do," etc. Poor kid. Ha!

A few nights ago I heard Joe hollering for me after I'd put everybody to bed. I went to see what the problem was and Joe said that Sam had been shooting his rifle in bed. (Of necessity, we have a "no guns in bed" rule around here.) I looked over and, sure enough, Sam had two rifles and a pistol in bed with him. I started confiscating them and asked if that was all. No, there was one more under the bed, he informed me. I never have taken time to count how many guns these boys have, but if I packed 10 away I'm sure they'd still find more to sneak into bed with them.

Yesterday they were all out playing and Katie started in on a "somebody just did something bad to me" scream and before I had a chance to even look out the window Sam was barging in through the back door. "Joe hurt Katie, Mom--not me!" He wanted to be sure there was no mistake--he was innocent this time. He gets enough blame for the things he actually does that I guess he wanted to be sure he didn't get blamed for Joe's badness, too.

Okay, I've gotta run. I'm gonna lay the runts down for a little while and see if I can get some things done around the house. James asked me last night, "So... is the vacuum cleaner broke or something?" HA! I guess I'll take that as my cue. Sad that it had to come to this, I know. Don't know why, but vacuuming is right up there with ironing on my list of things to procrastinate. Once I get started (with either one) it's no big deal, but for some reason I just have a terrible time getting motivated. ANYWAY, I'm outta here! Have a great weekend everybody!

~Becki~

P.S. -- Joe just came in the back door crying and rubbing a knot on his head while pointing at Sam, who had followed him in. Sam was covered in mud and explaining away, "Mom, dirt jumped on us! A bunch of it! All that bad dirt, it just jumped on us!!!" still giving no reason why Joe had been clunked in the head with who-knows-what. It's always somebody else's fault as far as Sam is concerned. He was blaming Katie the other day for something bad that he had done and it sounded eeirly reminiscent of Adam in the garden, "The woman that you gave me--she made me do it!" Sam never would have been bad if somebody else hadn't forced him into it. And we wonder why I'm going gray.

This entry was posted on 1:05 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

6 comments

Your kids crack me up. I can't wait till my Sam learns to talk. I can totally see him blaming Anna for everything. Even now when he does somthing bad he doesn't get a guilty look on his face he gets a blank look. A I don't know what happened look. A it's not my fault are you buying it look. At least the look is consistant so I know when to spank him.

It's no surprise that your kids are as witty as they are. It's obvious they get that from their mother.

Let's just hope that certain of James's characteristics don't start popping up. ;-)

JUST JOKING, James. sort of. :-)

tee hee

LOL! Oh, your kids are soo funny. But back to your glasses, I know what you mean. I've just about given up on ever getting glasses I like. I'm more blind than you, I'm like nose to nose with the mirror, feeling like a retard and STILL not about to really SEE what they look like on me. :( I'm think I'm going to try for contacts next time....

Great stories! I like the new profile pic. Thanks again for the prayers and the phone call. Love ya!

one more reason for the contacts... love em.

and OH MY GOODNESS... hearing about your kids reminds me if the days long ago when i myself was a child.... with twin brothers.. i know katie's pain.. :P

I like the new profile pic. It's just too tiny for old eyes. :-) One of these days we're going to have to swap pictures on Hello or Yahoo. We haven't done that in a year probably! Emilee, you need to get in on it, too.