Wiped Out... Already!  

Posted by cokelady

I am soooooo tired! But I'm feeling good about my progress. :-)
Toy Room: CHECK
Office: CHECK
Bedroom: CHECK
Bedroom Closet: CHECK
Boys Room: CHECK
Boys Closet: CHECK
It probably seems strange that I'm counting closets just like regular rooms, but I've come to discover that they are at least as hard to pack as the rooms are! Probaby because of sorting through everything and making piles of clothes to donate, clothes to pack in boxes, and clothes to keep out and have on hand for the next however long until the boxes get unpacked who knows where. ;-) I also got Katie's closet sorted through tonight, but that's all. Just huge piles all over her room. I had to do it though because James is going to take the BAGS upon BAGS of "bless-somebody-else" clothes down to Goodwill in Odessa tomorrow morning. It feels sooooo good to have that out of the way! It feels GOOD to be rid of all the stuff we don't need and it feels GOOD to know that perhaps somebody else will get some use out of it. Oh--I'll have another little bag of the extra-cute stuff for Abbie, Em. :-)
Today was Tammy's solo bake sale. I helped her get set up this morning, then left Katie to help while I came back home and packed. Went back when she was ready to close up shop and we got everything loaded up and took the left-overs to city hall where Katie was THRILLED to find the city manager, Glen Hackler. She simply adores him and he seems to think pretty highly of her, too. And he's always very generous with his purchases and donations for the Church. :-) After that we headed over to the newspaper office where Sam works. In the end I think Tammy said her grand total was $310!!! WOWZERS! And all of that without me! She is AMAZING!!! Sara was able to help out with this one, but her folks were really itching for her to get on the road and get home, so she wasn't able to stay and help as long as she otherwise would have. Still, it was a great help! I know that Tammy just knocked herself out over this one and God truly blessed. Wa-Hoo!
Hhmmm. There was more I was going to say, but I can't think of what it was. Oh well. I am sooooo tired. It's only 9:30, but I'm completely wiped out. James ran to Sonic to get me a cherry-limeade, just because that's the kind of guy he is. I think he mentioned something about cheesesticks, too. I think I'll sit down and watch It's a Wonderful Life or something. Or at least I'll START watching it. Don't know how long I'll last!
Anyway, so far so good! :-)
Oh, and Mom & Dad and company made it to Costa Rica just fine and everything seems to be going great. Keep them in your prayers! God is sooooo good--I know He'll bless this trip as He does all the others. ;-)
Later!

~Bec~

--Too tired to proof read. Sorry about the mistakes--I'm sure there are a truckload of them! Ha!

This entry was posted on 8:29 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

You ought to sleep good tonight. You are doing an awesome job! I just know that you are going to make that deadline that you set for yourself!

Congrats to Tammy...great job with the bake sale.

Yippee! Abbie's been wearing a lot of cute clothes from Katie in the last several months. Thanks for more!!!!

You are doing a great job! Keep it up and you'll be in Pennsylvania before you know it. :-)

Praise God for another successful bake sale.

It's great to get to read a new post and hear how things are going with you. The Convention here in Costa Rica has been really good and the Lord has really been blessing. I think they said there were 8 saved yesterday. Two young men joined the Church on Friday night. There were several other experiences and lots of shouting and praising God yesterday but I didn't hear a count. As is the case all around the world, these people are precious!
Keep up the good work. I wish I could be there to help (not really, but it seemed like the right thing to say) :-)

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies--I'm still going strong! :-)

Great to hear from you, Mom! I've been wondering how everything is going down there. What wonderful news! I'm anxious for you to get back home so we can get the full report. :-) (When DO you get back home, anyway?! I never can keep track of you anymore!)